The one real goal of education is to leave a person asking questions.
~ Max Beerhohm
Curriculum Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters (H - R)
- HeartofSeton (Catholic Homeschool support for Seton Home Study Curriculum) - Welcome to Heart of Seton! Heart of Seton is a support group for families using Seton Home Study Curriculum. Membership is restricted - it has become necessary to screen new members. It is our goal to provide a safe atmosphere for the Catholic Homeschool Families subscribed here at Heart of Seton. So if you are using Seton, have used Seton or are thinking about using Seton, whether it is full/partial enrollment or just using some of their materials, please sign up and help us out. We can share our ideas, problems, joys, activities, prayers, and much more. If you need more information about Seton, please go to Seton Home Study School.
"Seton provides detailed lesson plans on a day-to-day basis in every subject for each child; the plans are a great guide and a MUST for parents just starting out, because they help you to organize, know what to do each day, and assess the progress each child is making. Seton's lesson plans are very flexible - you decide how slowly or quickly your child will progress through each subject depending upon his or her ability. Seton provides grading and transcripts for each child. Seton will provide, upon request, standardized tests for each child at the end of each school year. As to whether Seton's program measures up to "national" academic standards, I would say, definitely, "yes".. I really encourage you to give Seton a try, you will be glad you did."
Please note, however, that this list is not an affiliation of Seton Home Study School, nor is it endorsed or monitored by Seton.
Newcomers may be moderated for a time after approval. The length of time is at the discretion of owner/moderator.
May God bless your family through the homeschool experience! Jesus, Mary, Joseph, we love You. Save souls! St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, pray for us! St. Michael the Archangel, pray for us!
- To Subscribe, visit HeartofSeton.
- Heart of Wisdom Forum - Message Board (forum) for Heart of Wisdom. For more information, visit Heart of Wisdom.
- Visit Heart of Wisdom Community.
- Heart of Wisdom Newsletter - Heart of Wisdom offers a free newsletter.
- For more information, visit Heart of Wisdom.
- Homeschool Curriculum and Support Newsletter - Receive our monthly newsletter! Our subscribers receive incredible discount offers as well as news and encouragement that is specifically for Homeschoolers.
- For more information, visit the Homeschool Curriculum and Support website.
- KONOS-JessicaHulcy (KONOS with Jessica Hulcy) - Welcome to Jessica Hulcy's list for all her KONOS users. If you have every wanted to ask another KONOS user a question about how they handled a section of the curriculum, or even wanted to get advice from Jessica and Wade about how best to teach your children using KONOS, this is the list for you.
For more informationa bout KONOS, visit the KONOS webpage.
- To Subscribe, visit KONOS-JessicaHulcy.
- miquon-key - The Miquon-Key email list is open to all homeschooling parents using Miquon Math, The Key To... Series and/or Singapore Math curriculum to teach their children mathematics. We hope that this group will be an invaluable source of information, ideas and support. All math discussion is welcomed!
Please note: This list is not to be used as an advertising forum, although members are welcome to post any used math curriculum they have for sale. Other than that, NO ADVERTISING is allowed!
This list strives to stay ON TOPIC. Please be sensitive to other members. No chain letters, Internet stories/poems, virus warnings, or spamming.
- To Subscribe, visit miquon-key.
- MyLittlePrimer - A gathering place for the My Little Primer study guide utilizing the My First Little House Books writen by Cindy Brown. The My Little Primer provides a fun lesson for each letter of the alphabet. Learning about a character in the My First Little House books, or a place the Ingalls' traveled to. There is a little lesson from each subjects required ... Math, Science, History, Language Arts, Art and Bible. This study guide is geared for children ages 2 ~ 8. With the First book being "Making a Friend" there is a Rag Doll that is made with this study to accompany your student along the journey. This Study Guide consists of teaching the child to read, recognize and write the alphabet, while learning of all the people Laura Ingalls wrote about in her Little House books. Starting with the plain body of a Rag Doll as we do the alphabet your student will name and dress the doll, learn how to cook for her/him and much much more!!! There are often extra activities listed here for you and your child to enjoy.
- To Subscribe, visit MyLittlePrimer.
- PrairiePrimer - Since the fall of '98 a wonderful group of home schoolers from across the globe have joined together to read The Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Most of us have found Margie Grays "Prairie Primer" to be a must while teaching our children. There are others on the list that are gifted and write their own unit studies as they go. We are not always on topic and tend to share our home schooling adventures.Your welcome to join us anytime.
- To Subscribe, visit PrairiePrimer.
- PrairiePrimerToday - Prairie Primer Today is an interesting community of those who utilize the Prairie Primer Unit studies by Margie Gray as the base for their homeschooling efforts.
The Prairie Primer is a literature based unit study used in conjunction with the Little House reading series by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
Come along and join us to find support, ideas, recipes, crafts, etc. that you can use and enjoy in your home learning.
We also have an offshoot of this list for the younger readers. Check out MyLittlePrimer and think about joining us through all the Little House adventures.
- To Subscribe, visit PrairiePrimerToday.
- RainbowScience - This list is for families who use Rainbow Science for homeschooling. We will discuss ideas for the different units, books that we use, materials ideas, and more. This is a support list - we strive to offer encouragement and support to other homeschoolers. This is a Christian group, please be supportive and kind to each other.
- To subscribe, visit RainbowScience.
- raysarithmetic (Ray's Arithmetic Users Group) - This group is for people who use, or are interested in using, Ray's Arithmetic for their homeschool math curriculum.
Ray's Arithmetic students learn arithmetic, increase their reading comprehension skills, and learn to think rather than plod through page after page of addition or subtraction problems with a one line direction at the top of each page. A student raised on Ray's will not even know he should be fearful of "story problems" because from day one every problem is posed in a sentence format.
To purchase Ray's Arithmetic for k-8th (Hard Copies) Please visit Homeschooling Books. (they also carry the Classic Curriculum Workbooks that correlate to the Ray's series). Click here to purchase all of the Ray's books K-12+ on CD. You will need to purchase the Parent Teacher Guide from one of the above links if you purchase the CD set.
- To Subscribe, visit raysarithmetic.
- RC_A2_Group (RC_A2) - The main topic will revolve around the Robinson Curriculum and A Squared Curriculum. You do not necessarily have to be using either to join the group but should have an interest in learning more and be willing to offer suggestions that worked for your family. Additionally, many homeschool families may not use RC or A2 exclusively and are encouraged to help others find solutions to fit their family's way of life. Conversations are encouraged that uplift and support the family. Anyone is welcome to join but should understand that anti-Mormon statements will not be tolerated and the user banned.
- To Subscribe, visit RC_A2_Group.
- RobinsonUsers4Christ (Discipling Our Children for God's Glory) - This group is for Bible and Trinity-believing, God-fearing, "Jesus-Plus-Nothing-Else" Christian families using or investigating the Robinson Curriculum. All homeschooling families using or investigating the Robinson Curriculum are welcome to join, with notice that the group is first and foremost a Christian group. Single parents and large families are encouraged to investigate this curriculum.
We share ideas and provide support. We discuss day-to-day issues faced by homeschooling families, and answer questions about the curriculum. Many of the group members have been homeschooling for several years, and enjoy helping new homeschoolers. We also like to talk about our families and how well they are doing, and we strive to support and uplift members who need love and prayer from like-minded families.
Introductory information on the curriculum can be found at Review of the Robinson Curriculum and Joyful Light Education.
For detailed information or to purchase the curriculum, please visit Robinson Curriculum.
To prevent spam and trolling, the membership process includes a response step. When you ask to join the group, you will receive a membership request email. You must respond to the email, and be approved. As a group member, you agree to our specific guidelines for behavior and communication on the group.
Be aware that when you post a message, even though the membership is intended to be limited, it may be disseminated to many people outside the list. I.e., post only if you intend your views to potentially become public.
- To Subscribe, visit RobinsonUsers4Christ.
On to S - Z of Curriculum
Back to A - G of Curriculum
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.