The one real goal of education is to leave a person asking questions.
~ Max Beerhohm
Curriculum Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters (A - G)
- 1-WeTeachAbeka (1-WeTeachAbeka Group) - 1-WeTeachAbeka is dedicated to Christian Parents/Home Educators teaching K4-12, using all or portions of the A Beka curriculum.
The purpose of this group is to offer and receive help, suggestions, information, support, share favorite teaching methods, and share your concerns with other Abeka home school families. When you join, Please choose from the options of: "Individual Mail", "Daily Digest", or "Special Notices" only.
We hope that you will enjoy being a part of our 1-WeTeachAbeka homeschool group, that you find lasting friendships here, and the help or encouragment you may need to provide quality christian education for your child.
Please do not post "For Sale" items or "Advertisements" and No Spamming!
- To Subscribe, visit 1-WeTeachAbeka.
- abeka (Abeka Curriculum Users) - This group is for homeschoolers who use or are interested in the Abeka Curriculum. We want you to be an active part of the group, so if you join, please DO NOT use the "no mail" option for preferences. Special notices is fine and rarely are sent, but there are times everyone needs to be notified.
- To Subscribe, visit abeka.
- ABekaDVD (DVD Program Users) - For families using the A Beka (Abeka) Academy DVD Program
A place for us to share how we use this program and share our experiences, wisdom and advice.
To prevent spammers from posting on this list, all prospective new members must be approved for membership by the moderator. In addition, posts of new members will be moderated (checked for content prior to appearing on the list). These policies may result in small delays in joining the list and in making initial posts, but have been deemed necessary to protect the list from unacceptable posts.
We would love for you to be an active member of the group, so by joining, please, do not select the "no mail" option for preferences. Choosing the option of "special notices" is fine because "special notices" are rarely sent, but there may come a time when everyone needs to be notified by the moderators of the list.
- To Subscribe, visit ABekaDVD.
- AbekaHomeschool - Abeka Homeschool is an email support list for those Christian homeschoolers who are using either part or all of Abeka curriculum in order to home educate their blessings.
This list has been created for support, fellowship, encouragement, prayer and general advise in using the curriculum. Our email list participates in a Topic of the Week, Member of the Week (to pray for) and a bi-yearly Book Discussion!
You are also welcome to post Abeka ONLY items for sale or trade, at your own risk, of course.
Enjoy these 'corners' written by Teri Maxwell concerning the use of Traditional Christian Textbooks: Traditional Christian Textbook Curricula and A Voice For Traditional Christian Textbooks.
- To Subscribe, visit AbekaHomeschool.
- ACESchoolofTomorrow - This is a list for those using or interested in using the School of Tomorrow program. Come on in and discuss your homeschooling day with us! General homeschooling discussion welcome, also.
Please respect others -no flaming is allowed. You will be required to post bi-weekly to be a member. Have a GREAT homeschooling day!
To join please send your name and info to us at ACESchoolofTomorrowfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- To Subscribe, visit ACESchoolofTomorrow.
- AlgebraAtHome - This mailing list is a place where people can exchange information about effective ways for homeschoolers to use the VideoText Interactive program to teach Algebra to their children. Even parents who are not homeschooling may find this list useful if their students are struggling with Algebra now. We will also discuss methods and products to use before or after using the VideoText programs.
For more information, visit VideoText Interactive.
- To Subscribe, visit AlgebraAtHome.
- alphaomegahomeschool (Alpha Omega Homeschool) - Are you homeschooling with the Alpha Omega curriculum, using either LifePacs, Switched on Schoolhouse, Horizons or a combination of all 3? Then you're in the right place!
If you need encouragement, support or have advice for someone else who might be going through a rough time, please post! This is what this club is here for!
Have you encountered an error in the LifePac workbooks or the Teacher's manual? Have you run across a glitch in the Switched on Schoolhouse software? Please post these things as a warning to others as they may encounter the same problems. It helps when you know what's ahead of you!
Lastly, WELCOME! You have just become an integral part of an awesome club!
- To Subscribe, visit alphaomegahomeschool.
- AmblesideOnline (Implementing AO's Homeschool curriculum) - Ambleside Online is a support group for families using the Ambleside Online Curriculum, which is designed to be as close as possible to the curriculum that Charlotte Mason used in her own PNEU schools.
This list is exclusively for homeschool parents to discuss the implementing of this curriculum. You may not join this list to sell your product or advertise your business.
THIS IS NOT A GENERAL CM LIST, nor a general homeschooling list and posts must be restricted to focus on Ambleside Online's specialized purposes. Members may adjust the curriculum to their own personal needs and limitations, but for the sake of list volume, DISCUSSION ABOUT BOOK SUBSTITUTIONS AND NON-CM CURRICULA IS DISCOURAGED. See our list guidelines. If a more general CM list would meet your needs, you might start with cmason.
There is no tuition, and whenever possible books are chosen which are available for free online. Our homepage is Ambleside Online.
Though not quite "CM in a box," it is our intent to help parents make the transition from Charlotte Mason's philosophy to practical application. This is not a claim to be the only way to use Charlotte Mason's ideas, nor do we claim this to be *the* CM curriculum. Rather, this is offered as a help to homeschooling parents who may be floundering without some sort of guide. Members are strongly urged to be learning more about the philosophy behind CM's method, since failure to understand the importance of habit, character training and her other ideas will render this curriculum no more than just another booklist.
- To Subscribe, visit AmblesideOnline.
- calvert - Welcome to a friendly group of parents who are either using the Calvert Home Study Curriculum or who are thinking about it. Here you can find out more about Calvert, get tips on practically any aspect of using Calvert with your children, ask questions, share your expertise, and fellowship with other Calvert users.
- To Subscribe, visit calvert.
- CalvertMiddle (Calvert Middle Grades 6-7-8) - This group is for parents or guardians of children in the middle school years who are using, or thinking of using, the Calvert School curriculum. If you are interested in discussions about this curriculum and age-group, conducted in a friendly, tolerant, non-religious, and spam-free forum, we look forward to meeting you!
- To Subscribe, visit CalvertMiddle.
- Classical-LDS-hs (LDS Classical Education) - We would like to welcome you to Classical-LDS-hs, the world's first online forum for the discussion, discovery, and implementation of LDS educational principles, designed for LDS parents who are homeschooling their children using the classical model.
You are probably (a) already using this method or (b) interested in learning more about it. Either way, we're glad you're here. This forum is focused on the classical curriculum, in whatever form it may take in each family, and how to apply it within the LDS home, including teachings of the restored gospel and latter-day prophets.
Classical-LDS-hs is a place where ideas can be shared and various educational endeavors can be discussed openly. It is our hope to promote cooperation and excellence in LDS educational efforts. The forum has already seen great success in accomplishing these goals. Many valuable relationships have been built between individuals, true principles have been embraced, and those involved have shared educational principles destined to change our society in a powerful way.
Come join us! Share your ideas, and what has worked for you. Beginners welcome. We look forward to many happy memories together along the homeschooling trail. Tell a friend about Classical-LDS-hs. Then come and share your day with us. Stay tuned and stay in touch.
Visit our companion lists:
- For LDS parents who homeschool their children or who are considering homeschooling as a lifestyle. On this list veteran homeschoolers and beginners will learn together, and take a serious look at the ways in which homeschooling, religious training, and family life shape our lives and the lives of our children.
- Homeschooling gifted children, giftedness, and gifted resources within the LDS community
Be sure to visit our website School of Abraham
- To Subscribe, visit Classical-LDS-hs.
- CLSSH (ClassicalLogicStageSecularHomeschoolers) - Classical Logic Stage Secular Homeschoolers is an all-inclusive group for those teaching (or will be teaching) 5th through 8th grades, the LOGIC STAGE, following the classical homeschooling education model of "The Well Trained Mind" or other related classical resources. But you are free to discuss all avenues of education for this age group. This group is open to all. Please respect each other's opinions, no flaming, and no religious debate. ABSOLUTELY NO SPAMMING or ADVERTISEMENTS.
- To Subscribe, visit CLSSH.
- cmason (For discussion of CM homeschooling) - This list is for persons who are using or are interested in using the Charlotte Mason Philosophy for education (including homeschooling), or to enrich their own lives.
We will research and discuss the original Home Education Series by Charlotte Mason but also other materials. While we use an assigned lesson format, any CM question is welcome at any time and 'newbies' are encouraged to ask questions. Come to our home page for the current notes.
While we use a lesson format for topical parent discussions, any CM question is welcome at any time and 'newbies' are encouraged to ask questions.
This is a Christian philosophy, and this is also a prayer list. We do not screen members, but do expect this atmosphere and respect other's tenets of faith.
This list varies in activity by amount of participation in the discussion. If you are interested in our studies, but want less volume, we offer a study-only version of the list where you would receive only the weekly studies, Sunday Meditation, and announcements (no discussion or responses). That may be subscribed to by sending a blank message to email@example.com - be sure to include both hyphens and Reply to the confirmation message!
For more information, visit Charlotte Mason Study Loop.
- To Subscribe, visit cmason.
- Gothard_discussion (Bill Gothard Discussion: ATI-IBLP-CF!) - This is a discussion of the theology and materials produced by Bill Gothard through his seminars and books, his homeschool curriculum (ATI), and other connected ministries (IBLP, Character First, Alert, Telos, Verity, etc.). This list is open to all sides -- those that use and support the materials, those concerned about problems with the materials or the organization, and those just looking for more information.
WARNING: This is not a support group; it is open to critics and supporters both. We welcome polite disagreement, we encourage debate, and we seek correction where error is found. Bring your opinions, but be prepared to support them with scripture, facts, and sound reasoning.
While others are welcome to join, you should be aware that the group consists primarily of conservative Christians who take the Bible as the final authority on spiritual issues -- and arguments are made on that basis.
Some of the subjects discussed here concern adult matters that could be considered inappropriate for younger people, and definitely not for children. We do not allow members under the age of eighteen. Join at your own discretion and understand that these topics are found in the materials we are discussing.
- To Subscribe, visit Gothard_discussion.
- GreenleafHelps - For homeschoolers and other interested parents. A place for Greenleaf customers to share ideas, tips, encouragement about how to use books published and sold by Greenleaf, especially our award-winning history study packages. Unmoderated for now, but Greenleaf reserves the right to moderate the list in the future should it become necessary. All postings become the property of Greenleaf Press. By posting you signify your agreement to Greenleaf using your comments (should they choose) in any of its publications without compensation.
For more information, visit Greenleaf Press.
- To Subscribe, visit GreenleafHelps.
On to H - R of Curriculum
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.