Lest we be cowed by this vast amount of [mathematics] material, let us think of mathematics in another way. Mathematics has been a human activity for thousands of years. To some small extent, everybody is a mathematician and does mathematics consciously. To buy at the market, to measure a strip of wallpaper or to decorate a ceramic pot with a regular pattern is doing mathematics. Further, everybody is to some small extent a philosopher of mathematics.
~ from the preface The Mathematical Experience
by Philip J. Davis and Reuben Hersh
Intermediate and High School Level Math - Hands-On and How-To Books
Adler - David A.
Amdah - Kenn, Jim Loats, PH.D.
Barron's The Easy Way Series
"Easy Way" books are designed to make their subjects easy to understand and are suitable both as self-teaching guides, as brush-up books for test preparation, and as classroom supplements.
LeapingFromTheBox.com notes:The books in this series are written as a story of the kingdom of Carmorra. They are presented with some problem that they need to solve and then "learn" the math to solve it.
- Accounting the Easy Way - Useful as a self-teaching guide, this book presents the fundamentals of accounting.
- Arithmetic the Easy Way - Reviews addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, then moves on to calculating with fractions, decimals, and percentages. A concluding chapter reviews units of measurement and word problems.
- Business Math the Easy Way - Here is fundamental math that students can use to prepare for tests, or to brush up on math skills before entering the job market.
- Calculus the Easy Way - Ingenious, user-friendly introduction to calculus.
- Math the Easy Way - Instruction and review in whole numbers, fractions, percentages, and introductions to algebra and statistics, plus a diagnostic test and an end-of-book practice test with answers.
- Math Word Problems the Easy Way - This Easy Way title starts with exercises in basic algebra and progresses to the point where students will be able to solve word problems through calculus.
- Statistics the Easy Way
Burns - Marilyn
- Math For Smarty Pants
- I Hate Mathematics! Book
- A Collection of Math Lessons from Grades 3 Through 6
- The Book of Think: Or, How to Solve a Problem Twice Your Size (A Brown Paper School Book)
Coffland - Jack A., David A. Coffland
- Basketball math: slam-dunk activities and projects for grades 4-8
Exploring with Blocks
Geoboard Activities for the Intermediate Grades
Kenda - Margaret, Phyllis S. Williams
- Barron's Math Wizardry for Kids
Jennison - Christopher Jennison
- Baseball math: grandslam activities and projects for grades 4-8
Knapp - Zondra
Problem Solving with Polyhedra Dice
Rappaport - Josh
Serra - Michael
- Patty Paper Geometry - An exceptional book that really gets kids interested in the geometric relationships and properties and allows students to discover.
- NBA slam & jam math skills
Stenmark - Jean Kerry, Vigiania Thompson and Ruth Cossey
Thompson - Vigiania, Karen Mayfield-Ingram (Illustrator), and Ann Humphrey Williams
- Family Math: The Middle School Years, Algebraic Reasoning and Number Sense
The Usborne Superpuzzles Logic Puzzles
VanCleave - Janice
Vorderman - Carol
- How Math Works - A stimulating guide to the wonders of mathematics, packed with enlightening experiments for the whole family.
Wahl - Mark
Whites - Laurence B.
- Math-A-Magic, Number tricks for Magicians
Zaccaro - Edward
Zaslavsky - Claudia
- Multicultural Math (Hands-On math Activities from Around the World)
Math Entry Page
Math Literature (all ages, all types)
Baby, Toddler, Preschool Ages - Hands-On and How-To Books
Elementary Ages - Hands-On and How-To Books
Algebra and Geometry Resources
Videos and DVDs
Computer Games and Software
Board Games and Card Games
your own review / experience with a math resource
suggest a resource to add!