A student should not be taught more than he can think about.
~ Alfred North Whitehead
Rhode Island Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters
- AttleboroAreaHomeschoolers (Attleboro Area Homeschoolers) - Welcome to Attleboro Area Homeschoolers. We are a group of families that welcomes all homeschoolers in many communities in southeastern Massachusetts and northern Rhode Island.
The main purpose of the Attleboro Area Homeschoolers is to give homeschooling families in our area the support necessary to begin the homeschooling experience.
Please no spam! Those who subscribe solely to post unsolicited advertisements will be immediately removed from the list. If you wish to request a post about your product or service, please contact a moderator for screening.
For questions or more information about Attleboro Area Homeschoolers, please feel free to email Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To Subscribe, visit Attleboro Area Homeschoolers.
- Eagles Wings Co-op - We are a co-operative of Christian homeschool families, in South Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island creating academic and enrichment classes for our own children by pooling our teaching strengths and abilities. As an extension of our families’ homeschools, we help one another meet our educational goals in a wholesome environment that fosters godly character and encourages both children and parents to excellence.
- For more information, visit Eagles Wings Co-ops.
- e-lds-hs - This is for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints who are homeschooling their children.
Do you live in the Eastern region of the United States? You are invited to join our online homeschool support group. We invite all parents who want to help their children succeed in school and in life, veteran home educators looking for a fresh start, new family educators searching for help and ideas, and parents just thinking about home education to join us.
Our goal is to support them in their endeavor as well as disseminate information. We welcome anyone not included in another group. Our states include: Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Delaware, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, Michigan. ME MA RI DE CN NH VT OH MI MD NY NJ PA
- To Subscribe, visit e-lds-hs.
- ENRICH - A Rhode Island Home Education Community - ENRICHri.org is a secular community which provides support and guidance in a welcoming environment for homeschooling families in Southern New England.
We will Promote: Life Long Learning, Community involvement, Cooperative classes, Active Membership, Cohesiveness and connection within the homeschool community and will seek 5013C non profit status.
ENRICH does not discriminate based on race, gender, age, sexual orientation, faith, home education philosophy or methodology, physical or other challenges.
- For more information, visit ENRICH - A Rhode Island Home Education Community.
- HENRIhomeschool (Home Educators Network of Rhode Island) - Home Educators Network in the Rhode Island Area offering Information and support resources for homeschool families of Rhode Island.
- To Subscribe, visit Home Educators Network of Rhode Island.
- LEAF-Network (LEAF Home Learners Network) - LEAF is a network of home learners that welcomes all homeschoolers in south-central MA, northern RI and northeastern CT. LEAF is informal, all-inclusive and participant-directed.
Membership Guidelines: LEAF members must be either current homeschoolers or families considering homeschooling. Members may not be non-homeschooling third parties, such as representatives of commercial ventures, curriculum vendors, or administrators of non-profit groups.
For more information, visit LEAF Home Learners Network website.
- To Subscribe, visit LEAF-Network.
- NEBuddhistHomeschool (New England Buddhist Homeschool Group) - We are such a minority -- us Buddhist Homeschool Families. Perhaps through this forum we can share our experiences in trying to incorporate Buddhism into our lives and homeschooling endevors.
This is a support group for Buddhist homeschoolers in the New England region -- Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Vermont. Here we can talk about how we home-school with Buddhist ethics in mind. How do we live the 4 Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path in our culture?
When we are large enough, we will hold monthly or even weekly meetings, field trips, meditation circles and other neat homeschooling things. Eventually, we will also plan a yearly retreat for Buddhists and home school families in the New England region.
Feel free to join us if you have been a Buddhist home school family for years or are merely interested in it.
- To Subscribe, visit NEBuddhistHomeschool.
- nejhs (A list for members of the New England Jewish Homeschoolers group) - This list is for Jewish homeschoolers in the New England area. That includes CT, NH, VT, ME, RI, MA.
We welcome people who are interested in participating (and helping to organize) some of the activities we are planning. On this list, we are privileged to have Orthodox Jews, Conservative Jews, Reform Jews, Reconstructionist Jews, secular Jews. We DON'T have so-called Messianic Jews (Jews for Jesus).
There is no proselytizing allowed on this list. This list is NOT for discussing religious politics or "how" to be a Jew. It's primary goal is to make friends and organize gatherings. Note: NonJews married to Jews and raising their children as Jews or with Jewish traditions are also welcome.
Note: NonJews married to Jews and raising their children as Jews or with Jewish traditions are also welcome.
- To Subscribe, visit nejhs.
- nemen (New England Muslim Educators Network) - A private email list for Muslim teachers and administrators in public and private schools, Islamic schools and Muslim homeschools, day care, preschools, weekend schools and after/summer schooling.
Serving Connecticut, Maine, Massachussetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont
- To aid Islamic schools, Muslim teachers and Muslim homeschoolers in their educational endeavors.
- To promote networking, and community building through the NEMEN email list and NEMEN/Islamic school/Muslim homeschool activites.
- To create and maintain an on going supportive and proactive environment for all our educators for the very best of ourselves and our children.
Islamic schools are encouraged to post and promote their carnivals, fairs, teacher workshops, professional development etc. Please also post these events on the calendar.
Muslim homeschoolers are encouraged to post and promote their activites, shared educational endeavors, field trips, etc. Please also post these events on the calendar.
Everyone on the NEMEN list is encouraged to contribute and post information on various workshops, professional development, conventions, conferences, forums, etc. within the NEMEN area.
- To Subscribe, visit nemen.
- NewEnglandUnschooling (New England Unschooling) - Discussion and support group for unschoolers in Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island and Connecticut.
- To subscribe, visit New England Unschooling.
- RICHES: Rhode Island Christian Home Educators - an organization of Christian homeschool families in Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts who have joined together to encourage one another and to promote educational, cultural, athletic and spiritual growth among our families.
- For more information, visit RICHES: Rhode Island Christian Home Educators.
- RIGHT: Rhode Island Homeschooling - The RI Guild of Home Teachers is a christian-led support group for RI homeschoolers. We coordinate state and local events and activities, as well as offer advice and support.
- For more information, visit RIGHT: Rhode Island Homeschooling.
- SOSinformation (S.O.S. Email Loop) - SOS (Secular in the Ocean State) is a network of homeschoolers in Rhode Island and nearby MA and CT. We offer homeschooling support regardless of religion, race, politics, or homeschooling method. We are secular, meaning not religiously or politically affiliated.
SOS is a member-directed network. Ideas for activities, classes, learning co-ops, field trips and other events may be offered by any member at any time. Any member may take charge of coordinating an event, outing or field trip. Offer learning opportunities and other ideas according to your family's interests; attend or plan whichever events work within your family's schedule.
- To Subscribe, visit SOSinformation.
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.