I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think,
all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read
and all the friends I want to see.
~ John Burroughs
Reviews and Resources Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters
- 0-homeschoolreviews - Reviews of FREE homeschooling resources on the Internet. No chatter, no comments, no arguments. Just brief site reviews and tips!
There is now a sister group for chatting: 0-homeschoolreviews-chat.
We welcome your contributions. If you know of a great site, please let us know. Here's our format:
- Name of Resource
- Review (Include comments about how you do/would use the resource in your homeschool). Rating (1 to 5 ***s).
Frequent and helpful contributors may win a copy of "Homeschool Your Child For Free," a book to be published by Prima Publishing. By contributing to the list, you agree that an edited version of your contributions may appear in the next edition of "Homeschool Your Child For Free!" or other homeschooling articles or books by LauraMaery Gold.
For more information, visit Homeschool Your Child For Free.
- To subscribe, visit 0-homeschoolreviews.
- 0-homeschoolreviews-chat - This is a chat group for the members of "0-homeschoolreviews".
To request entry click the "join this group" button. In the "comments to owner" box type in the name and email you use on the 0-homeschoolreviews group. Or just send in an email over there asking me to send you an invite.
If you are not a member of "0-homeschoolreviews" you can still request entry into this group.
- To subscribe, visit 0-homeschoolreviews-chat.
- DVD_Homeschool - This is a group for homeschoolers who are interested in supplementing their children's homeschooling education with DVD's and YouTube EDUCATIONAL videos! This is a great way for kids to "see" what they have been reading and learning about. Feel free to share DVD's that you have enjoyed...please keep it educational in nature!
When posting a DVD title, please post the SUBJECT first and then the TITLE. Example: HISTORY: Columbus' Adventure or SCIENCE: The Life of Bees.
IMPORTANT: The best and cheapest way to find these DVD'S is to subscribe to a DVD service. We use Netflix and we chose the $14.99 plan. It's a very good price for so much education! Check the links section to see which companies are available!
**Also: Most of the DVD's that I, the moderator (Lisa Metzger - A Second Generation of Homeschooling), list compliment the Beautiful Feet History study guides, Mystery of History and occasionally Tapestry Of Grace! If you use any of these programs OR are interested in teaching science without a textbook, then you will likely enjoy this group!**
- To subscribe, visit DVD Homeschool.
- freehome - This list is for homeschoolers and home educators to share their ideas on obtaining free or inexpensive ideas and materials for their children. Absolutely NO SPAM is allowed on this list.
- To subscribe, visit freehome.
- GamesForLearning - GAMES FOR LEARNING with The Game Lady is designed for parents who wish to use games as part of the education of their children. Games are a fun-filled way to introduce skills, drill material until mastered, review lessons, or test ability. The goal of this list is to share ideas for creating games individualized to the needs, interests, and abilities of each child. Questions, ideas, and resources of materials will be welcome. Homeschooling parents will greatly benefit from the use of games as part of their program. Also parents that choose to have their children enrolled in school will find games an extremely useful tool for drill or reviewing of lessons. Preschool parents will also love games as an enjoyable, non-pressure approach to instructing young children. Teachers are also welcome as games are so useful in the classroom as well.
- To subscribe, visit Games For Learning.
- (The) Home School Exchange - Connecting home educators with free tools, tips, information and resources for their classroom. Sign up today at the Home School Exchange and recieve Periodic Xchange Newsletters with fun and informative articles.
- To subscribe, visit The Home School Exchange.
- TheHomeSchoolMom - Join over 16,000 moms who are encouraged by reading TheHomeSchoolMom's Free Homeschool Resources newsletter each month!
Every month you will get a newsletter full of homeschool freebies, great educational websites, and motivating articles when you subscribe to our Free Homeschool Resources newsletter. The Site of the Week is a great weekly newsletter featuring one great site each week for homeschooler moms. It may be about home organization, current events, homeschool styles, lesson plans, parenting, or another topic of interest.
- To subscribe, visit The Home School Mom.
- homeschool-organizer (Homeschool Organizer) - Would you like to better organize your home and school life? Do you feel out of control? Or, perhaps you have it all together and think you don't need this list! We may need you!!
It is my desire to have a home that is efficiently organized in every sense of the word so as to glorify God with my time. No one wants 'time' ruling their life. We'll address aspects of organizing both our home and school in an orderly way by using weekly topics of discussion. We'll look at issues such as record keeping, curriculum needs, classrooms, housekeeping, schedules, and much more! Through the submission of ideas for discussion, we will cover organization from A-Z! As a discussion group you'll be encouraged to participate at least monthly while enjoying all the tidbits of information we have to share with you.
- To subscribe, visit Homeschool Organizer.
- lessonthemeoftheweek (Lesson Theme of the Week) - Welcome to the Lesson Theme of the Week email group. There will be posted every weekend a complete lesson plan for all ages. Each lesson plan will include all subjects including an art project based around a certain subject. Through out the week everyone is welcome to add other sites that they have found that others could also use with that weeks lesson theme in mind.
Please Note: All of our lesson themes plus over 250 additional theme units is stored at the Homeschool Internet Library. Plus we have lots more to offer homeschool families including Friendship Village a safe place on the Internet for our children. Please visit the link below to find out more.
Warning: We do chat alot in this group and sometimes it can be a high volume group. We do alot of supporting each other about homeschooling and ask each other questions. We are like one big family!!
We also have a No chat version of this group where you get only the themes sent to you. Theme of the Week - No Chit Chat.
For more information, visit Homeschool Network Internet Library.
- To Subscribe, visit Lesson Theme of the Week.
- lessonthemeoftheweeknochat (Theme of the Week - No Chit Chat) - Welcome to the Lesson Theme of the Week email group. There will be posted every weekend a complete lesson plan for all ages. Each lesson plan will include all subjects including an art project based around a certain subject.
Please Note: All of our lesson themes plus over 200+ additional theme units is stored at the Homeschool Internet Library. Plus we have lots more to offer homeschool families including Friendship Village a safe place on the Internet for our children. Please visit the related link below to find out more.
We also have a group where you can chat with other homeschool parents and still get the weekly themes also. This is the orginal Lesson Theme of the Week group. Lesson Theme of the Week.
For more information, visit Homeschool Network Internet Library.
- To Subscribe, visit Theme of the Week - No Chit Chat.
- TAPESandVIDEOS (Tapes and Videos from Lifetime) - Lifetime Books and Gifts, a supplier of great living homeschooling materials, offers audiocassettes and videos for sale that we think every family should add to their home library! Announcements are sent when we find something we think you can't live without!
If you would like to receive Lifetime's FREE weekly e-newsletter which covers various topics of interest to homeschoolers and features author interviews and frequent sales, send a blank e-mail to: LifetimeTreasuresfirstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need a resource guide to help you find great living books for your homeschooling family, you'll love our 405-page resource guide which is just $5.00.
If you'd like to discuss living homeschooling books and pertinent issues with experienced homeschoolers, feel free to join us on our discussion group, Living Books. To subscribe, send a blank e-mail to: LivingBooksemail@example.com.
We want to help you with your homeschooling needs so give us a call us if we can help you! For more information, visit Tapes and Videos from Lifetime .
- To subscribe, visit Tapes and Videos from Lifetime.
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.