A student should not be taught more than he can think about.
~ Alfred North Whitehead
Pennsylvania Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters
- ACTS_Homeschoolers (ACTS-Homeschool) - Association of Christians Teaching Students at home is primarily based in Littlestown, Pennsylvania. Serving Christ and homeschoolers in the Littlestown School District and surrounding area.
- to help homeschoolers in the Littlestown School District and neighboring districts to become aquainted and to develop an information loop via the internet.
- to provide emotional support and encouragement to homeschooling families in Pa.
- to plan field trips to local businesses and provide other educational opportunities for homeschoolers.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ACTS_Homeschoolers/.
- ARCHofDelco (ARCH Homeschoolers of Delaware County) - ARCH = Association of Roman Catholic Homeschoolers, in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. This list if for a sharing of ideas, information, questions, website links, upcoming area events, or other materials that are related to the Catholic education of our children.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ARCHofDelco/.
- arc-homeschool - Appalachian Regional Cooperative is an inclusive group of homeschoolers in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. We welcome anyone interested in group activities for all ages. The group is open to all homeschooling philosophies, including self-directed and unschooling. We encourage everyone to plan an activity that is open to group members.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arc-homeschool/.
- Ashtabula County, Ohio and Erie County, Pennsylvania homeschoolers (Ashtabula-homeschool) - Networking homeschoolers in and around Ashtabula county, Ohio and Erie county, Pa.
- To subscribe, visit Ashtabula-homeschool.
- ACTS_Homeschoolers (ACTS-Homeschool) - Association of Christians Teaching Students at home is primarily based in Littlestown, Pennsylvania. Serving Christ and homeschoolers in the Littlestown School District and surrounding area.
- to help homeschoolers in the Littlestown School District and neighboring districts to become aquainted and to develop an information loop via the internet.
- to provide emotional support and encouragement to homeschooling families in Pa.
- to plan field trips to local businesses and provide other educational opportunities for homeschoolers.
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ACTS_Homeschoolers/.
- BerksLanc_homeschoolers (Berks/Lancaster County Homeschoolers) - BerksLanc Homeschoolers is a homeschool NETWORKING site serving residents of Berks and Northern Lancaster Counties. The site is designed to give homeschoolers in the area a way to inform others of area activities as well as support one another in their homeschooling endeavors. Members are invited to post messages under the following headings: FIELD TRIPS/ CLASSES, COMMUNITY EDUCATIONAL EVENTS, HOMESCHOOLING QUESTIONS/SUGGESTIONS, HOMESCHOOLING RESOURCES
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BerksLanc_homeschoolers/.
- BlairHomeSchoolers (Blair County Home Schoolers) - This is a discussion, support and announcement list for Blair County Area (Pa) home learning families. The purpose of the list is to provide support for such families, a vehicle to organize and announce activities and share information.
It is also open to anyone who is thinking about home teaching and/or researching home schooling. Anyone with an interest in home learning is welcome. The list is open to everyone in the Blair County area.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BlairHomeSchoolers/.
- butlerPAhomeschool (For Home Schoolers in Butler PA) - Welcome to a group for homeschoolers/unschoolers of Butler County Pennsylvania!! Please join in and discuss our kids, programs, ideas and suggestions.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/butlerPAhomeschool/.
- bvhero (BVHERO: group emails, contacts & events) - Brandywine Valley Homeschool Education Resource Organization
To ensure privacy and the safety of our children, you must first become a member of BVHERO to join this Yahoo Group.
BVHERO is an inclusive home schooling support and resource group serving the greater Brandywine Valley area. We welcome families regardless of race, religion or educational philosophy. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for membership information or to make arrangements to speak directly with a representative of our group. Or visit our website at: http://www.geocities.com/bvhero
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bvhero/.
- ccche (Chester County Catholic Home Educators) - Chester County Catholic Home Educators is an association of Catholic homeschooling families in Chester County, Pennsylvania, dedicated to promoting homeschooling among Catholic families and supporting families who are engaged in providing their children's primary education at home. We are adherents to the doctrine of the most holy Roman Catholic Church and our activities and events reflect our faith and traditions.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ccche/.
- CHAMPco-op (CHAMP co-op) - This is a group for members of the Christian Homeschoolers Alliance of Maryland and Pennsylvania. We are a teaching co-op located near Glen Rock, PA.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CHAMPco-op/.
- CHAPS Forums (The Christian Homeschool Association of Pennsylvania)
- Visit http://forums.chaponline.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi.
- ChesterCountyChristianHomeschoolers (Chester County Christian Homeschoolers) - An exclusive group for Protestant Christian Homeschoolers dedicated to the Glory of God in Chester County, Pennsylvania.
1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChesterCountyChristianHomeschoolers/.
- chestercountyhomeschoolers (Chester County Homeschoolers) - An online support group for those homeschooling in Chester County PA. A place to share information, concerns, activities, etc... Many types of posts including religous and sometimes political content. If a message comes to you that itsn't something you are interested in, please feel free to use the delete button.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chestercountyhomeschoolers/.
- cphg (Central Philadelphia Homeschoolers Group) - Discussion group for homeschoolers in the center-city neighborhood of Philadelphia.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cphg/.
- CranberryChristianHomeschoolers (Cranberry Christian Homeschoolers support) - CCH is a Christian homeschool support group centered in Cranberry Twp., PA.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CranberryChristianHomeschoolers/.
- DEClassicalHomeEducatorsNetwork (DEClassical Home Educators Network) - We are an all-inclusive Classical home educators support group for families Classically educating their children in the Wilmington-Elkton-Philadelphia area; and extending out to N Delaware, NE Maryland, SW New Jersey, and SE Pennsylvania area.
As a group we meet year-round to chat, discuss goals and educational resources, and to support each other. Our on-line discussions center around local events, arranging local get-togethers and field trips, and sometimes Classical Education. When we gather together we discuss Classical Education in-depth, however we rarely do such discussions on-line. As a local Classically-Educating group this affords us the opportunity to get to know each other in person too.
This group is for those following the classical homeschooling education model, such as described in The Well Trained Mind (Jessie Wise and Susan Bauer) or in Teaching the Trivium (Bluedorn's) or similar method.
This group is open to families who are actively home educating children in grades K - 12. We are open to discussing issues of classical education with those who are considering classically homeschooling their children in the future, however our membership is for those families home educating their children in grades K-12. This forum is a means for us to exchange homeschooling information and ideas, upcoming local events and opportunities, and resources in support of our common effort to provide a classical education for our children.
You will need to introduce yourself to the moderators before being approved for membership. After approval, you will be asked to introduce yourself to the group as well.
Members are required to attended a mom's meeting during the year, or respond to a request for assistance at least once during a 3 month period to maintain their membership in this Yahoo group. Lurkers are not permitted.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DEClassicalHomeEducatorsNetwork/.
- delco-homeschool (Homeschoolers in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, USA ) - This group is for homeschoolers in Delaware County (and those considering homeschooling) to post information about upcoming events, opportunities, and concerns in our area. The group is open to all homeschoolers, regardless of educational philosophy/method, age of children, or religious beliefs.
Posts relating to homeschooling in Delco are welcome, with the understanding that each family will take what they like and leave the rest. When posting about an event, please give as much information as you can, so that list members may quickly determine if it is appropriate for their family.
This is a diverse group, and therefore some posts will reflect the religious or political beliefs of the posters, which may or may not agree with yours. If you are offended by or concerned about a particular post, please either ignore it or discuss it directly with the poster or the list owner.
SPAM POLICY: In an effort to control spam, posts from new members are moderated. Homeschooling members who live in or near our area may post used curriculum, pianos, bookshelves, etc. for sale; advertise classes, testing, tutoring, evaluations, or other DIY, non-profit, or home-based services of interest to the Delco homeschooling community; and use their signature on otherwise on-topic posts to advertise home-based businesses. Sales posts must include "I am a homeschool mom in Ridley" (or whatever) to make it clear to the moderator that you qualify to post.
PLEASE DO NOT JOIN OUR GROUP TO PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. Sales posts which do not clearly meet the above guidelines will be considered spam and deleted without comment. When in doubt, or if you desire an exception, please run it by the list-owner first.
For more information, visit http://www.askpauline.com.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/delco-homeschool/.
- DEpreschooltohomeschool - We are an all-inclusive home educators support group for families thinking about homeschooling their preschool or younger children in the Wilmington-Elkton-Philadelphia area; and extending out to N Delaware, NE Maryland, SW New Jersey, and SE Pennsylvania area.
As a group we meet year-round to chat, discuss goals and educational resources, and to support each other. Our on-line discussions center around local events, arranging local get-togethers and field trips, and homeschooling. As a local preschool-homeschooling group this affords us the opportunity to get to know each other in person too.
This group is open to families who are thinking about home educating their children. This forum is a means for us to exchange homeschooling information and ideas, upcoming local events and opportunities, and resources in support of our common effort to provide a homeschool education for our children.
For the safety of our members, we will ask that you attend one of our Public events prior to being admitted to the Yahoo group. After joining, you will be asked to introduce yourself to the group as well.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DEpreschooltohomeschool/.
- EasternMontgomeryCountyPA_Homeschoolers (EasternMontgomeryCountyPA Homeschoolers) - This group is for homeschoolers in Eastern Montgomery County and surrounding areas. It is a place to share information on homeschooling. Share field trips, classes, resources, links, meetings, questions, problems. Please introduce yourself. All homeschoolers in the area are invited to join. Welcome to the wonderful world of homeschooling!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EasternMontgomeryCountyPA_Homeschoolers/.
- EastMontCoPAInclusiveHomeschoolers (East MontCo PA Inclusive Homeschoolers) - Eastern Montgomery County PA Inclusive Homeschoolers is an All-Inclusive Non-Discriminating group of Home Educating families in and around Eastern Montgomery County Pennsylvania.
We offer Support and Community for Homeschooling families of all backgrounds. We are an all-inclusive group, meaning we do not discriminate based on religious faith, race, age or homeschooling style. Simply put, we come from diverse backgrounds and feel this is our strength. We want our members to feel comfortable with sharing and learning from each other while also being accepting of others who may not share the same ideas. We also feel it is important for our children to appreciate diversity. We vary in our approaches to homeschooling as well. We have traditional homeschoolers, unschoolers, those using curricula, some involved in charter schools and those combining several approaches!
Primarily we seek to learn from each other and support each other as we create a positive environment for our children to learn, play, create friendships and grow. We meet at area parks on Thursdays and have bi-monthly Mom's Nights Outs. This list is for members to communicate with each other and for posting information on field trips and activities.
New members are most welcome! However, for the safety of our children, we do have a requirement that we meet all new members within a few weeks of joining the group. We simply want to know the people with whom we are sharing information. Our list will be moderated.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EastMontCoPAInclusiveHomeschoolers/.
- e-lds-hs - This is for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints who are homeschooling their children.
Do you live in the Eastern region of the United States? You are invited to join our online homeschool support group. We invite all parents who want to help their children succeed in school and in life, veteran home educators looking for a fresh start, new family educators searching for help and ideas, and parents just thinking about home education to join us.
Our goal is to support them in their endeavor as well as disseminate information. We welcome anyone not included in another group. Our states include: Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Delaware, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, Michigan. ME MA RI DE CN NH VT OH MI MD NY NJ PA
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/e-lds-hs/.
- EL-HEN (Endless Learning Home Education Network) - Hello and welcome! We are here to provide encouragement, information, and support to home educators in Northeastern Pennsylvania. There is no statement of faith, nor dues. (Please note this is a public list. One need not be a member to read posts.)
For more information, visit http://www.geocities.com/endless_learning/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EL-HEN/.
- giftedhspa (Gifted Homeschoolers of Pennsylvania) - This group is for parents who are homeschooling gifted children in PA. I'm not sure about the primary focus of this group yet, but I'm noticing a need for such a group. I want to network with other parents - helping those coming up and learning from those further along the journey.
Gifted children are all different, and what works for one may not be the best choice for another. Please speak up if you have a different approach than previous posters - the more ideas in the mix the more tools we all have at our disposal. We will not all agree on religion, politics, or homeschooling style - that's OK. Take what you like and leave the rest.
"Gifted" need not be defined here - if you think you'll benefit from the group, you're welcome here.
This group is not intended to replace other existing groups (such as the excellent national group TAGMAX) but rather to create a more low-key, local network.
DO NOT JOIN THIS GROUP IN ORDER TO SELL SOMETHING. Posts from new members are moderated to prevent this problem.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/giftedhspa/.
- hahomeschooler (Hazleton Area Homeschoolers) - Welcome to the Hazleton Area Homeschooler's talk list. This is designed to facilitate communication between members.
The purpose of HAH is to nurture a Christian home education support system based upon the Bible and to provide encouragement and support to Christian families who file under the PA Act 169 of 1988 Home Education Law.
HAH was established in the belief that God, the Father, Maker of Heaven and Earth has always existed and will always exist in three persons of the trinity: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. We believe that the Bible, both Old and New Testament, is the final authority for faith and life, infallible and God-breathed.
We believe in the diety of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, His bodily resurrection and His imminent return in power and glory.
We believe that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and therefore is lost, but through faith in Jesus Christ alone he may receive salvation, a free gift of God.
We believe in the spiritual unity of belivers through our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that individual doctrinal differences, which may exist, should not hinder the unity of Christian home educators.
This group functions and progresses with the purpose of providing homeschooling families with support, interaction, information and education, expression of individual talents and abilities, and friendships.
This Hazleton Area Homeschoolers Yahoo email group is for current members of the Hazleton Area Homeschoolers group.
If you would like membership information sent to you please send an email to email@example.com
For those looking for general homeschooling information please visit our website: http://www.geocities.com/hazleton_area_homeschoolers/home.html
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hahomeschooler/.
- hands_on_families-forum (HANDS ON! FAMILIES Discussion Forum) - This is the place to share about home educating with special needs in PA. We discuss how to comply with Act 169, where to find therapy for you child and everything in between.
HANDS ON! Families is the Homeschooling Advocacy Network for Differently-abled and Specifically-challenged Families in Pennsylvania. We promote home education as a viable, legal and preferred way to provide the best individualized education to our special needs children. We also offer support to challenged parents who are home educating their children. All information provided by HANDS ON! Families is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for qualified legal, medical, and other professional advice or care. We are simply experienced homeschooling parents who share information and support.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.geocities.com/hands_on_families/home
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hands_on_families-forum/.
- HomeSchoolCC (Home School of Chester County PA) - Secular, completely inclusive, unmoderated, free flow of information and dialog for current and potential home schoolers and families in Chester County and surrounding areas of Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia. Post your events, any special deals you come across, questions, whatever you have that is related to homeschool. Keep it lively and let's help each other make our home schools the best!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomeSchoolCC/.
- homeschooledTEENS (PALS Teens) - This group is for homeschooled teens, 13 years and up. We are conected with Williamsburg HEART homeschooling group. We are not affiliated with any particular religion, church, or political party. Our purpose is to have fun through organized events. The events are organized by the teens themselves, with a little or no help from their parents. Our goal is to have one at lest one event per month.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homeschooledTEENS/.
- HomeschooledTeensinPhilly (Homeschooled Teens in Philly) - Calling all Homeschooling Teens! Here is the place to post events, meetings, trips, gatherings, classes, parties, materials and other information that would be of interest to teens who are homeschooling in the Greater Philadelphia region. It is also a good place to ask questions about homeschooling, and to share your ideas and experiences of being a homeschooling teen.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomeschooledTeensinPhilly/.
- HomeschoolersMontgomeryCountyPa - Pennsyvania residents, but all nearby counties are invited and encouraged to join! Share your curriculum ideas and questions! Share your frustrations OR give encouragement to those having a tough day! Exchange field trip ideas and experiences, useful web-sites, lesson planning ideas and much more!!
This in not a bicker board, please be courteous with everyone. Please, POST A BRIEF INTRODUCTION when you initially join, so we can say HELLO!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomeschoolersMontgomeryCountyPa/.
- HomeschoolHotline (Erie County Homeschool Hotline) - This is an open group for homeschool parents who live in Erie County, Pennsylvania, or it's surrounding area. The purpose of this list is to connect parents of all homeschooling beliefs for the purpose of exchanging valuable homeschooling information including: field trips, introducing new homeschoolers to the area, connecting like-minded homeschoolers, announcing local programs, offering homeschooling items for sale, and asking homeschooling questions.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomeschoolHotline/.
- Homeschooling_Info_Discussion (Homeschooling Info/D NY Southern Tier) - The Southern Tier of NYS is a broad geographic area (taking in parts of NYS and PA). It is rich in diversity and opportunities, and has a very supportive atmosphere for homeschooling in all of its many forms.
This List was created for informational purposes for people who want to investigate educational alternatives such as homeschooling in the Southern Tier of NYS, and is an open list for anyone to join (I have patterned it after the Fingerlakes Unschooling Network's open list); I will approve all who wish to join.
This list will be a place to ask questions, support and respect others, share information, discuss theory, plan get-togethers for families or youth, discuss what homeschooling opportunities, gatherings, and organizations are available for support in the area, search the archives, etc.
This will also be a List with the purpose of putting homeschooling newcomers in touch with experienced homeschoolers in our area. Feel free to suggest that anyone new to homeschooling (or even just interested in exploring it as an alternative) join this new list. Also, if you are someone willing to discuss homeschooling with interested individuals or newcomers, please subscribe.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Homeschooling_Info_Discussion/.
- HomeSchoolNY (Everything HomeSchool NY) - All things HomeSchool in Western NY and NorthWest PA!! All inclusive, inter-denominational! Post your questions, leave your answers! Share your joys, vent your frustrations! Buy, sell, trade your curriculum! Join field trips and events, make new friends and meet with some old! Join the homeschooling email world and be part of the email community! Cattaraugus, Erie, Genesee, Wyoming, Allegany, Wayne, Oswego, Monroe, Chautauqua counties and more! McKean and Potter Counties!
*Your hostess Nancy will remove any /all spam.* Please keep curriculum advertising to no more than once or twice a week. *Consider digest mode for less email.*
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomeSchoolNY/.
- InclusivePAHS-SC - Online Inclusive Homeschooling Support for South Central Pennsylvania - all homeschool methods & beliefs / non-beliefs are welcome.
One of the purposes of this list is to find other Mom's in our local areas looking for inclusive support. Other purposes are:
- a virtual inclusive support group
- exchanging curriculum ideas
- sharing local field trip info
- discussing any topics related to homeschooling
This is an unmoderated, open list that respects each person's path. Please do not flame.
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/InclusivePAHS-SC/.
- lache-online (Lancaster Area Catholic Home Educators) - Lancaster Area Catholic Home Educators is an association of lay faithful established to promote and support home education among Catholic families in the greater Lancaster County area.
LACHE has as its foundation and guiding principle the Magisterium of the Catholic Church in union with the Holy Father the Pope and the bishops in communion with him.
This group is specifically for homeschoolers in the Lancaster, Pennsylvania area. In general we are not a discussion list but an information list for the group (field trips, gym class dates and times etc.). Before you can be approved for membership you will need to tell us your first and last name and what parish you belong to.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lache-online/.
- LatrobeAreaHS (Latrobe Area HS) - We are an eclectic group of Homeschoolers from the Latobe area who talk on line as well as meet monthly to give support to each other and give encouragement to new homeschoolers. Keywords: Latrobe, Derry, Ligonier, Greensburg, Westmoreland County,SW PA, Pittsburgh Area,Homeschool, Home School, Pennsylvania
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LatrobeAreaHS/.
- lhhe (Laurel Highland Home Educators) - Homeschool information, prayer requests and announcements including classified ads for homeschool items.
For use by home educators in the Laurel Highlands region of Pennsylvania; primarily those residents of Bedford, Fulton, Somerset, Huntingdon, Blair and Cambria counties.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lhhe/.
- marylandhomeschoolbikingclub (MARYLAND HOMESCHOOL BIKING CLUB) - THIS GROUP IS FOR ANY WHO IS AN EXPERIENCED BIKER OR JUST INTERESTED IN BIKING. WE WILL BE SHARING INFO ON BIKES, BIKE HIKES, AND ANYTHING TO DO WITH BIKING. WE WILL ALSO BE ORGANIZING BIKE TRIPS. ANYONE WITH AN INTERST IN BIKING WHO LIVE IN MARYLAND, PENNSYLVANIA, AND WEST VIRGINA ARE WELCOME HERE. PLEASE PASS ALONG OUR GROUP INFO TO OTHERS. THE MORE WE HAVE, THE MERRIER!!! ALSO, YOU MAY LIST THE GROUP ON YOUR INFO FOR THE BOE AS LONG AS YOU PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITES HERE BY POSTING AND PUTTING UP PISTURES AS PROOOF THAT YOU ARE BIKING OR BY JOING SOME OF US TO DO GROUP ACTIVITES. THEY SOMETIMES CONTACT ME THROUGH THE GROUP FOR VERIFICATION.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/marylandhomeschoolbikingclub/.
- marylandhomeschoolhikingclub (MARYLAND HOMESCHOOL HIKING CLUB) - THIS GROUP IS FOR HOMESCHOOLERS IN MARYLAND WHO ARE INTERSTED IN HIKING OR ALREADY HIKE. WE WILL SHARE INFO ON HIKING AND ORGANIZE SMALL HIKES AS WELL AS LONGER ONES. ANY AGES ARE WELCOME AS WE HAVE MANY SKILL LEVELS AND CAN WORK AROUND THAT. FOLKS IN MARYLAND, PENNSYLVANIA AND WEST VIRGINIA ARE WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE.
For more information, visit Maryland Homeschool Hiking Club Home.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/marylandhomeschoolhikingclub/.
- MD_DC_VA_Educators (TeachersFamilyHomeschooling Activities) - Teachers, Family and Homeschooling Activities is a clearinghouse for activities, events and field trips for homeschool families in the Washington, D.C., metro area including Maryland and Virginia suburbs. There are lists of links and places to visit with your own family. Please be respectful of differences in homeschooling methods, political and religious beliefs.
This site hopefully will help those especially in the military who are moving into Maryland (MD), Virginia (VA), Washington DC (DC) and are consider homeschooling for the first time or have been homeschooling for years. Please share your vast knowledge of information with others about activities and educational links.
This was setup for those who wanted different field trips ideas, visit more places, research new ideas and links for homeschooling or teaching.
That is the reason why this site is free and everyone is allowed to post anything that could be used for homeschooling or educational purposes. Thanks. James firstname.lastname@example.org
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MD_DC_VA_Educators/.
- NCShomeschoolers (Northumberland, Schuylkill, Columbia county homeschoolers) - This is an inclusive list for families who learn at home in Northumberland, Schuylkill, and Columbia counties. All religious beliefs and educational philosophies from unschooling to school-at-home are welcome.
Give each other support, share event information, plan get-togethers, share favorite websites, discuss legislation that concerns homeschoolers.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NCShomeschoolers/.
- NEPAhomeschoolgroup (North East Pa Home School Group) - Location: Entire North East Pa Area
We are sure you and your children will find your involvement in this group to be rewarding & worthwhile. All of our members come from different backgrounds & life experiences, but we all have one thing in common..... we have all embarked on this crazy journey called "Homeschooling"! Involvement in this group is about sharing all that homeschooling has to offer -- the highs & lows, the challenges & successes -- while forming lasting friendships for our kids and ourselves. Our group discussion board always has something new to offer -- advice, support & encouragement, ideas, laughter, & more! Group members share their good times & their bad times & are a source of encouragement for eachother through it all. We offer a variety of activities - there is something for everyone. Come check us out and see what we have to offer!
- To subscribe, visit NEPAhomeschoolgroup.
- NEPhilahomeschoolers - We're a secular support group for homeschoolers in Northeast Philadelphia and surrounding areas. Our goal is to meet and network with other homeschool families.
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEPhilahomeschoolers/.
- NewAgeUnschoolersofPhilaandEnvirons (New Age Unschoolers of Phila&Environs) - This is a New Age, alternative, trully-secular, non-religious, extremely openminded, unschooling support group. There will be monthly meetings, swim and gym, and newsletter; field trips, Harry Potter days, special events, get-togethers for creative and performing arts, multicultural activities, group volunteering, humanistic endeavors; New Age events, classes and workshops; and a message board to post activities, disseminate information and offer support.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewAgeUnschoolersofPhilaandEnvirons/.
- NorthPittsburghCatholicHomeschoolers (North Pittsburgh Catholic Homeschoolers) - A group for Catholic homeschoolers who live in communities north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Visit our website at: http://www.northpittsburghcatholichomeschool.com.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorthPittsburghCatholicHomeschoolers/.
- North Pittsburgh STAR Co-op - We are an educational co-operative designed especially for people using K12 curriculum in the Pittsburgh and North Hills area. Anyone using K12 curriculum through any school or individual plan is encouraged to join us.
- For more information, visit North Pittsburgh STAR Co-op or contact email@example.com.
- NorthwestPhiladelphiaHomeschoolers (Northwest Philadelphia Homeschoolers) - Northwest Philadelphia Homeschoolers is a group of homeschooling families all over the Philadelphia region, but located primarily in Germantown, Roxborough, Mt. Airy, Manayunk and Chestnut Hill. This group is made up of families of differing religious & homeschooling viewpoints. The goal of this yahoo group is to share information about events, classes, activities and field trips that would be of particular interest to homeschooling families living in Northwest Philadelphia and the Philadelphia region. This group can also be used as a question/answer forum about homeschooling matters. Encouragement, recommended websites and books related to homeschooling are also welcome.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorthwestPhiladelphiaHomeschoolers/.
- OEW-HomeschoolGroup (On Eagle's Wings Homeschool Group) - OEW Homeschool Group is a Christian homeschool support group based in Frederick County, MD. Our main focus is prayer and encouragement of homeschooling families. We meet the 2nd Monday of each month. This website is an outreach of OEW to serve homeschool families in Frederick County, MD and surrounding counties of Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania. Homeschool families of other areas are also welcome to join as well.
Though this is a Christian homeschool support group, all homeschoolers are welcome as long as they conduct themselves in a way that is not offensive to Christian beliefs and/or values. Members of this website are encouraged to post helpful, inspirational and encouraging information; activities and field trips that are open to other homeschoolers; list homeschool curriculum, equipment and supplies available for sale, etc. All members, activities, field trips and information posted on this website are subject to the approval of the moderators and leadership of OEW Homeschool Support Group of Frederick County, MD. Abuse of membership will result in removal of member from e-group.
If interested in joining, please include an introduction of your family, ages of children, how long you have been homeschooling, and what you are looking for in a homeschool support group.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OEW-HomeschoolGroup/.
- OHOLY (Orthodox Homeschoolers Of Lancaster&York) - Orthodox Christian Home Educators living in York and Lancaster Counties of Pennsylvania. Meeting in each others' homes for the time being!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OHOLY/.
- OHPAHRG (OHPA Homeschooling Resource Group) - OHPA HRG is a homeschooling resource group in Shenango Valley (Mercer County), PA. This secular, non-partisan group is dedicated to the intellectual, emotional and physical health and growth of homeschooling children. We embrace and strive to protect a natural childhood filled with wonder and curiosity. We also value and celebrate the “whole” child; heart (emotions/temperament), hands (talent/agility), and mind (intellect/personality).
We are open to homeschooling families with children ages birth through 18 from NE OH and NW PA who either currently live a "holistic" or "natural" lifestyle or who are eager to learn more about such practices so they can incorporate what works for them into their own lives. These include (but are not limited to):
- Healthy diet (whole foods, organics, plant-based diets, etc)
- Alternative medicine (homeopathy, herbalism, naturopathic medicine, chiropractic, massage, etc)
- Natural parenting (natural childbirth, breastfeeding, attachment parenting, nonviolent communication, etc)
- Sustainable living (gardening, canning, drying, living simply, alternative energy, etc)
- Education with strong emphasis on arts and music (we have a Waldorf-inspired thread weaved amongst our group)
We are working towards becoming more of a parent-educator cooperative where parents will share their skills and talents with the group in order to enrich the whole. We will also be a part of a greater local holistic networking group that currently includes a playgroup and natural food cooperative. This is a very exciting time as the group is expanding and evolving.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OHPAHRG/.
- OPHEN_online - OPHEN was started as a local group of homeschooling parents who wanted to get together and help each other, while promoting homeschooling in their area. OPHEN is a Christian organization in the NW PA and NE Ohio area which offers support and assistance for people who want to home school. While most of our activities are off line, this list group is an expantion of that original group, and a means for easier acces to files, publication of materials for members and their children, public awareness of the group etc. OPHEN organizes a number of exciting and educational activities each year, from science and education fairs to costume parties and spelling bees. We publish a monthly newsletter, and have a members lending library. OPHEN also has feild trips and educational outings, as well as Bible Quizzing and Keepers of the Faith clubs. We would love to see you! Come join us!
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. Proverbs 1:7, New International Version
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OPHEN_online/.
- PACHgroup (PACH) - This is a group for the support of Philadelphia Area Christian Homeschoolers - PACH. We will use this group to list activities, share sites, swap curriculum. We can make this list serve us while we share in the homeschool journey
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PACHgroup/.
- PA-HmSc-GroupLeaders (Pennsylvania Homeschool group Leaders) - This is a group for Homeschool group leaders in Pennsylvania, regardless of religion or philosophy. This group is not for debates or arguments on any topic, but rather for sharing ideas and encouraging each other. Friendly discussion will be permitted, but flaming and impolite remarks will not be. To join this group, you should be a group leader of a homeschool group in PA OR be interested in becoming a leader/starting a group in PA.
The types of things we will be discussing would be practical things. We might discuss what types of meetings (topic or not, for kids or parents only) and newsletters (email, snail-mail) we have, and why. Permiting cyber schoolers, people whom are no longer homeschooling, or whose children are not yet "school age". Do you have constitution/by-laws for your group? What about diplomas? Do you have any graduation ceremonies or year books through your group? Obviously, legislative issues are of interest. Does your group lobby or have legislative updates? What about incorporating your group? Do you: recommend membership in a legal-protection organization? Need a web site? Need insurance? Collect dues or have membership fees? Have informational meetings on notification and legal compliance/over compliance? These are some things to discuss with other leaders. This is the reason for this group!
A little background on this group: My name is Martha, and I am the list creator/owner here. I started a homeschool group about 4 1/2 years ago (98) near the PA/Ohio line, which serves both Pennsylvania and Ohio. I was able to get a lot of help and useful information from other support group leaders through a group like this one set up for Ohio Homeschool group leaders. I spent some time searching for a comparable group in PA, but did not find it. So I created one myself. I hope this group will be very useful to everyone here, as the Ohio one has been to me. ~Martha
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PA-HmSc-GroupLeaders/.
- PA-HomeEducators (Inclusive group for PA homeschoolers) - A safe place for Pennsylvania homeschoolers to discuss their daily adventures. We shamelessly promote a relaxed approach to homeschooling and a 'minimalist' view of compliance with PA Act 169. However home educators of all styles are encouraged to join. We discuss all aspects of our lives because homeschooling can't be separated from our daily living. Religions of every type but satanic worship are welcome, related posts should simply have a notation in the subject line. Come join us and have fun. Learn the truth about what is required to abide by the homeschooling law and relax! We can't wait to meet you.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PA-HomeEducators/.
- PA HOMESCHOOLERSŪ Message Board - We provide this board as a service to the homeschooling community. Any opinions expressed on this message board are the opinions of those who posted, and not the official opinions or positions of PENNSYLVANIA HOMESCHOOLERSŪ.
- For more information, visit http://www.pahomeschoolers.com/guestbook.html.
- pa-hs (Penn Homeschooler) - An open forum for parents, educators, and other interested parties interested in discussing the issues, regulations, curriculum, events and other pertinent information regarding homeschooling in Pennsylvania.
The emphasis here is on issues of interest to homeschoolers in Pennsylvania including but not limited to: educational legislation, curriculum, Pennsylvania Department of Education directives, teaching styles (methodology), college and career preparation, general educational philosophy, resources, and mutual support, upcoming curriculum fairs, conferences, support group meetings, field trips, evaluations, portfolio advice, and co-operative teaching arrangements. This is an inclusive list and all 'types' of homeschoolers in PA are welcome to post including those of you who consider yourselves Christian, non-Christian, unschoolers, underground, relaxed, formal, under an umbrella school or any other variety!
- To subscribe, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave the subject blank but in the text body type exactly subscribe pa-hs.
- palscommunity - PALS (People Always Learning Something) is an unaffiliated group of homeschoolers from Pittsburgh and surrounding areas whose members are tolerant of all styles of homeschooling, home education and learning at home. PALS is an open and inclusive homeschooling group with no religious affiliation, which does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, homeschooling style or one's personal lifestyle choices. PALS is a group that accepts all who homeschool or have a positive interest in homeschooling and everyone is encouraged to participate in and/or plan activities.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/palscommunity/.
- PA_Secular_Homeschoolers (PA Secular Homeschool Support Group) - Statewide secular support group in Pennsylvania for homeschooling families. The primary focus of this list will be for topics of discussion that are important to home educating families. This would include activities, field trips, support, friendship, home school legislation and other topics which may be of importance to members. All homeschool styles and religious or non-religious members welcome however religion will not be a focus of this group. Members are free to share about their religious/spiritual choices but attacking members for their choices will not be tolerated. Open discussion in a respectful manner is encouraged and expected. Tolerance and respect for other people's opinions, choices and beliefs is required here! No flaming or spamming allowed.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PA_Secular_Homeschoolers/.
- Pa-someschoolers - This message board was designed for the home educating parent, residing in Pennsylvania, who wants the freedom of a relaxed homeschool environment, but who sees the need for instruction in the basics. I hope that all who read, post and reply here will feel welcome. I think we can all benefit from the experiences of other parents "someschooling" their children here in PA.
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pa-someschoolers/.
- PA-Unschoolers - Are you unschooling in Pennsylvania? Are you a relaxed or eclectic homeschooler that would like to unschool?
Pa-Unschoolers is an inclusive community with Unschooling as the focus.
Over the years since this list started, one of the most common problems we've run into is whether or not it is really that important to define what Unschooling is. After all, why not just live and let live? Because Unschooling is not just a matter of "live and let live". Unschooling *means* something and it takes work.
Although Unschooling is the most natural way of learning for children, it will not feel natural to most adults who have been raised with traditional parents and schools. It will take *work* to overcome the thinking that has become the norm in this society. "Live and let live" might promote peace but it probably won't promote change, and it will probably not help us unschool.
Many people are at different places on the road *toward* unschooling. Some are comfortable where they are at and thats ok. It is a personal decision for each family whether to stop where they are or continue on, but the places families stop "along the way" should not be confused with Unschooling.
Unschooling means something, and that is what this list is about.
"Unschooling is the confidence to trust that young people will learn what they need from living their lives in freedom and joy. An unschooling parent is a facilitator and cheerleader who embraces life and learning with curiosity and enthusiasm. An unschooled child is free to choose the what, when, where and how of their learning -- from mud puddles to Shakespeare to Spongebob Squarepants! Unschooling is *not* defined as the free learning kids do outside of parent-directed learning, nor is it done on a part-time basis."
Debates about the merits of unschooling will not be tolerated.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PA-Unschoolers/.
- PEAC-News (PEAC News) - Place for members of Parent Educators of Adams County (PEAC) to exchange news and information. PEAC is an inclusive group of homeschoolers; all Adams County, PA and nearby homeschoolers are welcome.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PEAC-News/.
- PennChristianHmeSchl - PennChristianHmeSchl is a support resource for Christian home schooling families in Pennsylvania. By participants sharing information about field trips, curriculum, field trips, support groups, evaluators and other home schooling necessities the list seeks to equip hs'ing parents with the tools needed for educational excellence. Participants are also invited to share joys, concerns, household tips, prayer requests and praise reports. Although everyone is welcome, this list is intentionally Christian -- a place where home schoolers can freely discuss home education within a Christian context. Posts should reflect an acceptance of orthodox Christian beliefs, biblical creationism and inerrancy of scripture. This list seeks to be a safe place where the fruit of the Spirit is made manifest. Debates are prohibited and must be taken to private e-mail.
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PennChristianHmeSchl/.
- PennsylvaniaHomeschoolBookSwap - If you are a Pennsylvania homeschool family and would like to sell your used books and curriculum, videos, CD's, clothes or other items that would be of use to other homeschooling families, you may do so here.
If you have a small family business or ministry and you have a product or service that would be of value to homeschool families, you may also post your information here.
This is a family friendly group and the Items you post for sale and businesses represented must be suitable for all ages. No adult themes, occult or foul language allowed.
All transactions are between the seller and the buyer. Pennsylvania Homeschool Book Swap is not responsible for these transactions. This is just a place for you to list your items you have to offer.
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PennsylvaniaHomeschoolBookSwap/.
- PghHomeschool - General discussions and announcements for homeschoolers in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PghHomeschool/.
- PHEA-AB (PA Home Educators Association) - PHEA (Pennsylvania Home Educators Asociation) is a statewide coalition of home educators, not associated with any religion or educational philosophy, whose primary purpose or main goal is to provide information and support for family lifelong learning. This organization supports efforts to reduce or eliminate government oversight and regulation of home education and to increase alternative opportunities and services to home learners of all ages in a wide variety of situations.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PHEA-AB/.
- PHEAmembers (Pennsylvania Home Educators Association) - Pennsylvania Home Educators Association (PHEA) is an inclusive statewide coalition of home educators whose primary purpose is to provide accurate information and advocate for Pennsylvania home educators.
PHEA believes in the freedom to home educate with confidence and without fear.
PHEA actively endorses efforts to reduce or eliminate regulation, control, and oversight of home educators.
PHEA believes knowledge equals empowerment.
PHEA encourages its members to freely exchange information regarding home education.
PHEA is not associated with any religion or educational methodology.
By joining this group, you are agreeing to uphold the PHEA Mission.
For more information, visit http://www.phea.net/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PHEAmembers/.
- PhillyandBurbsTeenHomeSchoolers - This groups is for networking home schooling teens and pre-teens in Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware, and Berks Counties. All are welcome, but field trips will be concentrated in the Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PhillyandBurbsTeenHomeSchoolers/.
- phillyhomeschoolersofyoungkids - This list is the discussion group for members of the Philadelphia area Homeschoolers Co-Op and is also a homeschool support group. We are a group of homeschooling families living in Philadelphia (and Pennsylvania suburbs) with our young children. Our Co-op group does require active participation by either teaching, reading a story, helping with crafts, watching the little ones, or anything you are comfortable doing.
Participation in the Co-op is not required to be a part of this homeschool group. The subject line will have co-op in them so you will know it pertains to the Co-op. All are welcome! I hope this list will provide a way for moms with young kids to meet and support each other as our kids grow and learn through their homeschooling experience.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/phillyhomeschoolersofyoungkids/.
- P-H-R-E-E - The 'P-H-R-E-E'~ PHILADELPHIA HOMESCHOOLERS' REGIONAL EDUCATIONAL EXCHANGE~ ~ is a virtual messageboard for both individual homeschoolers and homeschooling groups in and around the city of Philadelphia. It is meant to be a ‘hub’ to unify our many and varied groups, facilitate communication between us, and provide support for homeschoolers both experienced and new to homeschooling in the Greater Philadelphia region.
THE 'P-H-R-E-E' IS A WAY TO...
- Notify Area Homeschoolers about Local Homeschooling Groups/Supports
- Post Area Homeschooling Events and Activities (See Calendar)
- Exchange/Share/Pass On valuable Homeschooling Resources and Materials
- Discuss Issues and Share Experiences about Homeschooling in and around Philadelphia, Interacting with our various School Districts
- Disseminate Local and National Homeschooling News, as well as...
- UNITE, using 'P-H-R-E-E' as a Political Barometer/Forum, to ensure that Our Rights, and Our Childrens’ Rights, as homeschoolers in Pennsylvania and the Philadelphia region, are respected, and Our Voices HEARD.
The messageboard will be unmoderated, except for new members, and membership will be open to anyone homeschooling in and around the city of Philadelphia.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/P-H-R-E-E/.
- queenofpeacehsers (Our Lady Queen of Peace Homeschoolers) - Catholic homeschool support group for families in Northern Delaware, Southeastern Pennsylvania and Northeastern Maryland. We are faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church. We meet for Mass, field trips, parent support and social activities.
To join, you must be recommended or attend one of our meetings. EMAIL THE LIST OWNER FOR DETAILS.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/queenofpeacehsers/.
- SCCatholicHS (State College Catholic Homeschoolers) - This group is for all Catholic homeschoolers in the State College region.
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCCatholicHS/.
- South Pittsburgh STAR Co-op - We are an educational co-operative designed especially for people using K12 curriculum in the Pittsburgh and South Hills area. Those using K12 curriculum - whether through a virtual charter school or direct purchase - are encouraged to join us.
- For more information, visit South Pittsburgh STAR Co-op or contact email@example.com.
- SpecialneedshomeschoolersofWPA (Special Needs Homschoolers of Western PA) - This group is an organzation of parents who are committed to the home education of their special needs child. Our group is open to any parent who is currently homeschooling or cyper schooling their child with special needs, or any caregiver investigating the home school option for their child.
The group will strive to encourage and support one another in educating our special needs children. We will serve as an informational exchange and resource for information relevent to special needs and homeschooling.
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SpecialneedshomeschoolersofWPA/.
- thefalafullosophycenter (The Falafullosophy Center) - We are a goup of homeschooling families in Lower Bucks County who have created a cooperative learning center. Our mission is to have fun learning in an environment of respect and consideration for others. We believe in the FALAFULL Philosophy -- Families, Activities, Learning And Fun Using Love & Laughter -- Our Falafullosophy! Our group is a democratic self-governing group with everyone having one vote (children and adults). We operate in a way where all kids have a say!
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thefalafullosophycenter/.
- this-b-us - Local Homeschoolers of the Delaware River Region.
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/this-b-us/.
- Trailblazers_SEPA (A Homeschool Trip Planning Group) - Trailblazers of Southeastern, PA plans and shares outings, meetups and trips ... Some local, some distant and some in bordering states.
This collective group is derived of many inclusive families that has enjoyed organizing and sharing trips for years ... Long before groups of this nature began serving the homescool community. The spirit of camaraderie that has developed in the process has been most enjoyable.
We are not a club that requires membership. News of Trailblazer activities will continue to be shared throughout the homeschool community. We do not aspire to divide, concur or manage other's groups.
Life is learning so the basis for this group is having fun. The group list will be used for conversation and planning purposes only, not to declare membership.
Happy Trailing Everyone!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Trailblazers_SEPA/.
- tri-c_homeschool (Tri-county Homeschool Group) - Homeschool Bulletin Board: This group is open to all homeschooling & cyberschool families in Corry, Pennsylvania area school district and will be strictly used to post community events with a special interest towards OPEN homeschool activities in (Northwestern) Pennsylvania.
Members may post homeschool related items that they may have for sale.
Please send an introduction email about your family and the age group of the children homeschooled for approval to join the group. Moderator will approve all post and archives will be open to members only.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tri-c_homeschool/.
- Tri-StateElemScienceOlympiadTeam (Tri-State Elem. Science Olympiad Team) - We are members of Tri-State Homeschool Network, that come together as a team to compete in the "A" Division of the Science Olympiads in the State of Delaware.
- To subscribe, visit http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Tri-StateElemScienceOlympiadTeam/.
- Tri-StateHomeschoolNetwork - Tri-State Homeschool Network is a support group that serves the northern Delaware, northeastern Maryland, southwestern New Jersey and southeastern Pennsylvania region. Our purpose is to further the cause of homeschooling, with emphasis from the viewpoint of Christian families.
This Yahoo-group is open only to members of Tri-State Homeschool Network. This group will be a supplement to our monthly newsletter, but it will not replace the newsletter. Please use this forum as a means to quickly pass the word about homeschooling events, activities, field trips, last minute changes, conference opportunities, and to keep in touch with other Tri-State Homeschoolers.
To receive a newcomer's packet, with information about Tri-State, state laws and general homeschooling information, send $10 check or money order to: Tri-State Homeschool Network, PO Box 7193, Newark, DE 19714-7193 Or attend a monthly meeting or newcomers meeting and purchase a newcomer packet for $7.00.
The opinions expressed at this Yahoo-group are those of the contributors and not necessarily of the Tri-State organization. We will do our best to eliminate questionable material, but understand that disagreements sometimes occur.
For more information, visit http://www.tristatehomeschoolnetwork.org/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tri-StateHomeschoolNetwork/.
- tsrchsn (Tri-State Regional Catholic Home School Network) - Tri State Regional Catholic Home School Network is a network of Catholic Home Schooling families in the Hagerstown/Martinsburg/Gettysburg area. The Network allows families to keep in touch, offer support and advice, and request prayers. While not a function of the network, occassional activities are planned by its members for those local to the area.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tsrchsn/.
- Upper_Dauphin_County_Homeschool_Families (Upper Dauphin County Homeschool Families) - The focus of this group is to provide an outlet for all those individuals in the Upper Dauphin County area an opportunity to locate others in the immediate area who may be interested in meeting, sharing ideas, information, stories, setting up playtimes, etc.
There are other homeschool groups for Pennsylvania, but this is not to replace any of those. I felt there was a need to have one that is more localized to this area.
Anyone is free to join and participate regardless of where they live or the method of homeschooling that has been chosen.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Upper_Dauphin_County_Homeschool_Families/.
- westernpahomeschoolers - Western PA Homeschoolers. Welcome to our online group of homeschooling families. We are a continuation of the Community Zero community by the same name. We are located in Western Pennsylvania, and we have developed this email list as a secure environment for sharing news and updates relating to homeschooling in our area, and information about events and activities.
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/westernpahomeschoolers/.
- Y-HOP (Young Homeschoolers of the Poconos Y-HOP) - We are an IRL(in real life,) inclusive homeschooling group in the Monroe County area of Pennsylvania. Our children enjoy the socialization and some organized activities too. We have some theme oriented "classes" as the group grows...music hour, activities centered around the seasons, or colors, the alphabet.... Please join us & share your ideas!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-HOP/.
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.