A student should not be taught more than he can think about.
~ Alfred North Whitehead
Oklahoma Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters
A - F
- AEIOU-Friendly (AEIOU Friendly) - This is a homeschooling group that targets people in the Ozark region of the US. It is specificly designed to be an open and accepting group for all parents who are activly involved in their children's process of learning. This is something that is defined by each person and for they and their families to decide, not the group. I hope for this group to be an online support of members, serve as a forum for finding like minded homeschoolers in your area and also offer field trip opportunities around the region.
Group names always tend to be hokey, but a necessity. I have chosen AEIOU Friendly as a multi-level pun, as my husband would say. AEIOU indicates some connection to education, puts it at the front of the listsing and is catchy. The friendly part is there as a beacon for ones looking for support, as opposed to people expecting them to do things 'their way'. It stands for Area Educators In (the) Ozarks, Unschooler Friendly.
- To Subscribe, visit AEIOU Friendly.
- AmblinOkies - Welcome to AmblinOkies, a place to meet, greet, and plan events, from a walk at the Oklahoma River or the OKC Zoo, or from a mini Tulsa tour, to a day trip to Quartz Mountain. We could even plan a group getaway for those inclined to join in the fun!
This group is limited to Okies using at least portions of Ambleside Online's materials and philosophies. If you know of other homeschooling AOers not on this list who live in Oklahoma, feel free to invite them! We do not expect CM purists only. The tone of the list-owner might lean that direction sometimes.... However, that is not a mandate to follow in her footsteps! The Lord's footsteps are much more important.....
The polls, database, chat and files are open to all members. Feel free to use them as desired.
Welcome again to AmblinOkies. Make yourself at home!
- To Subscribe, visit AmblinOkies.
- AmblinOkies_Teens (AmblinOkiesTeens) - Welcome AmblinOkiesTeens!! AmblinOkiesTeens is a group for teen homeschoolers in Oklahoma. Here you can make friends; help each other with school and projects; chat about music and books; and get together for field trips, concerts and youth group parties and events. Check out our calendar for upcoming events and chats.
- To Subscribe, visit AmblinOkiesTeens.
- ARKLATEX Inclusive Homeschool Group Facebook Page - This group is for homeschoolers, in the Ark La Tex region, who wish to gather together from time to time to support one another, share ideas, and just have fun. This group is for all homeschooling families regardless of religion, ethnicity, or orientation. Welcome and please introduce yourselves. ;)
While we are based out of Texarkana, I believe that we can work well with the whole surrounding area and help each other.
We can plan group outings and projects in ALL areas.
Ark La Tex in general covers this area:
In Arkansas: Arkadelphia, Ashdown, Camden, Delight, De Queen, El Dorado, Fouke, Glenwood, Hope, Magnolia, Mena, Murfreesboro, Nashville, Prescott, Stamps, and Texarkana.
In Louisiana: Benton, Bernice, Blanchard, Bossier City, Greenwood, Hosston, Mansfield, Many, Minden, Mooringsport, Natchitoches, Plain Dealing, Pleasant Hill, Ruston, Sarepta, Shongaloo, Shreveport, Springhill, Vivian, and Zwolle
In Oklahoma: Antlers, Broken Bow, Haworth, Hugo, and Idabel.
In Texas: Atlanta, Athens, Bonham, Carthage, Clarksville, Crockett, Daingerfield, De Kalb, Gilmer, Hallsville, Henderson, Hooks, Jacksonville, Jefferson, Kilgore, Longview, Lufkin, Marshall, Mount Pleasant, Mount Vernon, Nacogdoches, Naples, New Boston, New London, Omaha, Paris, Pittsburg, Scottsville, Sulphur Springs, Tatum, Texarkana, Tyler, and Waskom.
- For more information, visit ARKLATEX Inclusive Homeschool Group Facebook Page.
- arok_paganhomeschool (Arkansas Oklahoma Pagan Homeschool) - Welcome to the Arkansas Oklahoma Pagan Homeschool group! We are here to share homeschooling information for our children. Share lesson plans, information, or ask questions. We are here to help each other out.
- To Subscribe, visit Arkansas Oklahoma Pagan Homeschool.
- Central_OK_LDS_Homeschoolers (Central Oklahoma LDS Homeschoolers) - This is an LDS Homeschoolers group for the Central Oklahoma Area. While members of this group do not have to be LDS to join, they must be respectful of LDS beliefs. This group is not endorsed by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We are basically just a group of LDS Homeschooling Moms (can be Dads too) that want to get together to share ideas and have some fun. If you live in or around the OKC area please feel free to join in!
- To Subscribe, visit Central Oklahoma LDS Homeschoolers.
- chitchatpaddywhack (Chit-Chat Paddywhack) - This is the Chatty McChat Chat group to go with the Stillwater Homeschooling group. This is where we will have conversations back and forth and fill up our in boxes!! Have fun and welcome!
- To Subscribe, visit Chit-Chat Paddywhack.
- CommUnityHomeschoolCoop (CommUnity Homeschool Co-op) - CommUnity Home School Co-op meets in Southwest Oklahoma City on a weekly basis during the fall, winter, and spring.
CommUnity Home School Co-op is a group of committed home-school families working together. Each family brings specific strengths and individual gifting to enhance our children's education. Through this cooperative effort our children receive a richer, fuller home school experience. The success of our home school co-op depends upon our strenth collectively and not any one person's individual gift.
Our Foundation Scripture is Psalm 67, which states: God be merciful to us and bless us, and cause His face to shine upon us. That Your way may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations. Let the peoples praise You, O God; let all the peoples praise You. Oh, let the nations be glad and sing for joy! for You shall judge the people righteously, and govern the nations on earth. Let the peoples praise You, O God; let all the peoples praise You. Then the earth shall yield her increase; God, our own God, shall bless us. God shall belss us, and all the ends of the earth shall fear Him.
CommUnity Home School Co-op seeks to fulfill this scripture in the following ways:
- Receive a Blessing:
*Training & Equipping our Children
Our children receive a blessing through various group settings where they have an opportunity to learn social skills and how to receive and follow directions.
- Giving a Blessing:
* Outreach Program
The outreach program is designed to train and challenge our children to interact and share Christ's love with others.
- * Missions Program
The missions program is designed to expand our children's vision of the world by introducing them to different cultures. We support missionary children around the world and seek to be a blessing to those children and their families. Our desire is to teach our children various ways in which they can be involved in God's Heart for the nations.
- To Subscribe, visit CommUnity Homeschool Co-op.
- Cornerstone-OKNews (Tulsa-area homeschoolers; inclusive) - Cornerstone is a participant-driven homeschooling information and support network for families in Northeastern Oklahoma. We seek to facilitate networking opportunities and to empower families in their homeschooling decisions. We believe there is strength in diversity, therefore we support the individual freedom of each family to choose home education and to autonomously direct such education in the manner best suited for their family. We do not discriminate on the basis of a person's race, religion, belief system or ethnicity.
For more information, visit Cornerstone Homeschool Support Group.
- To Subscribe, visit Cornerstone-OKNews.
- Cornerstone-Tulsa - Cornerstone is a participant-driven homeschooling information and support network for families in Northeastern Oklahoma. We seek to facilitate networking opportunities and to empower families in their homeschooling decisions. We believe there is strength in diversity, therefore we support the individual freedom of each family to choose home education and to autonomously direct such education in the manner best suited for their family. We do not discriminate on the basis of a person's race, religion, belief system or ethnicity.
For more information, visit Cornerstone Homeschool Support Group.
- To Subscribe, visit Cornerstone-Tulsa.
- EdmondHomeEducators (Edmond Home Educators' Support Group) - Edmond Home Educators' Support Group is based in Edmond, Oklahoma. We are a group of familes who meet once a month to hear speakers for fellowship, inspiration and encouragement concerning home schooling and families. We also have periodic field trips and activities to get our children together to have fun and/or learn. Membership is required after September 30th which includes a directory, membership card (for discounts). Affiliation with OCHEC.
For more information, visit Edmond Home Educators'(EHE) Support Group .
- To Subscribe, visit EdmondHomeEducators.
- enidhomeschoolers (A League of Extraordinary Homeschoolers) - We would like to invite homeschoolers throughout Enid and Northwest Oklahoma to join us in celebrating the diversity of homeschooling.
- To Subscribe, visit enidhomeschoolers.
- faithhomeschool (FAITH HOMESCHOOL; Information and Encouragement for Fort Smith Area Homeschoolers) - FAITH HOMESCHOOL; Information and Encouragement for Fort Smith, Arkansas, Area Homeschoolers. Many members of the FAITH Homeschool Group are members of this list. Reminders of FAITH events will be posted here and discussion may be regarding these events for FAITH members. Join FAITH at www.faithhomeschool.org. If you are an AR/OK homeschooler please join us and...share ideas about learning and teaching styles, curriculum, legislation, and things which help us to grow spiritually and mentally into better homeschoolers and parents. All homeschoolers are welcome. Please note that profanity or rudeness will not be tolerated. Our beliefs and opinions are what make us a unique community of people, please respect these differences. This is a Christian list.
For more information, visit FAITH Homeschool Group.
- To Subscribe, visit faithhomeschool.
On to G - N of Oklahoma
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.