A student should not be taught more than he can think about.
~ Alfred North Whitehead
New Mexico Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters
A - L
- AbqHSSciCo-op (ABQ Homeschool Science Co-operative) - Albuquerque Homeschool Science Co-op is a cooperative group meeting in Albuquerque, New Mexico where all members share, present and discover the world of science with our 5 to 10 year old children. Monthly subjects range from Geology to Papermaking, from Chemistry to Rockets, and from Biology to Engineering to name just a few. Activities include hands-on experiments, guest speakers, and field trips.
- To post, visit Albuquerque Homeschool Science Co-op.
- Albuquerque Home Learners - Our general forum is open to the public. In order to join our homeschool group, please register on this forum. Then email email@example.com to receive more information on how to complete your application.
A diverse, yet unified organization of homeschooling families who work collectively and cooperatively to provide encouragement, support, resources, classes, fieldtrips and both social and educational activities and opportunities to its members and their children. We are working to build a fellowship which recognizes each member's valuable contribution. Our operation is based upon mutual respect, member initiative, and a democratically based decision making process. We acknowledge a responsibility to one another, as well as to our local community. We will allow our group to evolve as our enrollment, and our children, grow.
For more information, visit Albuquerque Home Learners.
- To post, visit Albuquerque Home Learners.
- Albuquerque Homeschool Co-op Message Board - Homeschoolering familiies in the greater Albuquerque area (from Rio Rancho to the east mountains) come together to share information and support. Includes swap meet area for buying/selling used learning materials. All are welcome to read messages; you need to register to post.
For more information, visit Albuquerque Homeschoolers.
- To post, visit Albuquerque Homeschool Co-op Message Board.
- Albuquerque Unschoolers - Our main goal is to foster a local friendships with like-minded Unschoolers & Radical Unschoolers within Albuquerque.
- To Subscribe, visit Albuquerque Unschoolers.
- EMNAhomeschool (EastMountain Native American Home School) - This group is for those with a Native American background or ancestry who homeschool or unschool in the East Mountain Area of New Mexico. Willard, Estancia, Edgewood, Stanley, Moriarity, etc. People from Santa Fe and Albuquerque welcome too but realize that many of the activities will be in the East Mountains. This group is a secular group that will focus exclusively on home schooling issues for children preschool to primary. Join us for park days, field trips, and other activities.
- To Subscribe, visit EastMountain Native American Home School.
- homelearningcommunityofsantafe (Home Learning Community of Santa Fe) - We are a group of homeschool families in the Santa Fe and Northern New Mexico area. The purpose of this message board is to provide a vehicle for the free, uncensored, and timely exchange of information and ideas regarding homeschooling. This board is open to any homeschooling family independent of background, religion, or homeschool approach.
GUIDELINES. Members' responsibilities:
- Do not forward any postings from this message board to other message boards without the express permission of the author of the original post. The choice to post only to this forum must be respected with the awareness that any homeschooling family is welcome to join this message board and receive its postings directly.
- Please sign all your posts and include an introductory note when forwarding information or messages.
- Please be a homeschooling ambassador, letting others know that support and friendship exists for anyone considering a family-based education for their children. Your encouragement can lead to more parents choosing to teach their own, with invaluable short and long-term benefits to children, families, and society as a whole.
- This board will be moderated by a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 members at any given time, none of whom screen messages before allowing them to post to the group.
- After 6 months of membership, anyone interested in becoming a moderator can state such interest on the message board at any time and arrangements will be made to meet that desire in as timely a manner as possible.
- It is the duty of the moderators to send invitations upon request and to approve membership. To receive approval, the prospective member will be required to include his/her name, e-mail address or phone number, number of children, and a reason for wanting to join.
- To Subscribe, visit Home Learning Community of Santa Fe.
- HSinNM (Christian Homeschooling in NM) - This is a member driven list for Christian homeschooling families in New Mexico. You get out of it what you put into it.
Topics don’t have to all be on schooling. You can sell or trade your used books but don’t even try to set up a MLM party. We do ask that you avoid hot topic or “gray area” issues.
Moderation is primarily for spam and solicitation although theological hot topics may be directed off board. Moderators are busy homeschool parents just like you too. We are not a business or a group. Don’t expect newsletters or all-knowing information.
Surrounding areas and prospective homeschoolers are welcome also.
For more information, visit Christian Association of Parent Educators - New Mexico.
- To Subscribe, visit Christian Homeschooling in NM.
- LA-Homeschool (LA Homeschool) - This e-mail list is for the discussion of topics related to homeschooling in and around Los Alamos County, New Mexico. This area includes but is not limited to Los Alamos, White Rock, Jemez, Espanola, Ojo Caliente, Pojoaque, La Cueva, El Rito, Abiquiu and any of the other surrounding areas. The scope of this group includes anything that might be pertinent to homeschooling or children in the Los Alamos area. Including chat about what someone might be up to or even a nice curriculum that they found… Including activities available in the area. What are your kids enjoying? What activity have you run across lately? Are you wondering about some event or curriculum? Are you trying to put together a unit study and looking for ideas or books? If you need a little adult interaction – come chat here. Almost anything goes but lets try to avoid politics and religion unless it has to do directly with homeschooling or you are suggesting a particular event, group, curriculum, ect. . I would love for this to be a place where we build each other up and encourage the homeschooling community. Let’s create a “family” here. You do not need to be a homeschooler to join.
- To Subscribe, visit LA-Homeschool.
- lascruceshomeschool - Looking to share ideas and network? Just trying to get started? New homeschoolers needed to build community in Las Cruces! No religious affiliation.
- To Subscribe, visit lascruces homeschool.
- LCHSA_list (Lea County Home School Association) - We are a group of parents and children living in Lea County who have come together for support and fellowship.
The purpose of our association is to provide support, encouragement, and social situations which we would be unable to provide as individuals such as field day events, special field trips, ect.
We strongly believe that a child's parents are his best educators. To that end, we strive to help homeschoolers in our area continue to educate their children at home.
This list will be primarly used as a tool for communication between members. Questions on meeting times, field trips, are welcome as well as general homeschooling questions and topics.
Visit the Lea County Home School Association on the web at Lea County Home School Association
- To Subscribe, visit LCHSA list.
On to M - Z of New Mexico
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.