There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly.
~ Buckminster Fuller
Iowa Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters (A - H)
- Ames Used Homeschool Curriculum Exchange (ames_hs_exchange) - A group for Ames area home schoolers to trade, sell, buy, or give away home school curriculum.
For Sale posts should include the title (and/or a description) of what you're selling, and the post must include the price. Titles for items for sale should say FS or For Sale.
Want to buy posts must include the title (and/or a description) of what you need. Titles for WTB items should say WTB or Want to Buy.
Please do not post the same item more than once a week unless you have changed the price.
Free homeschool and/or educational resources are also encouraged!
This list is meant for homeschooling families and only appropriate material may be submitted. Anyone submitting inappropriate material will be removed from the list by the moderator. New and used materials are welcome. If it relates to homeschooling in some way, it's fine. WTB (Want to Buy) may also be posted.
- To Subscribe, visit ames_hs_exchange.
- Catholic Homeschool Association of Omaha (catholic_homeschool_association_of_omaha) - A place for members of the Catholic Homeschool Association of Omaha to share news and information.
- To Subscribe, visit catholic_homeschool_association_of_omaha.
- Catholic Homeschoolers of Wisconsin (catholichomeschoolersofwi) - This is a private list for leaders of Catholic homeschool support groups within the state of Wisconsin (or in border towns in Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, and UP Michigan). It is a place to exchange information that may be of interest to Catholic homeschoolers throughout the state. It is also a forum for the dissemination of statewide invitations to various Catholic homeschooling events, such as conferences, graduations, dances, etc.
For a list of Catholic homeschool support groups in Wisconsin, go to the Catholic Homeschoolers of Wisconsin website: Catholic Homeschoolers of Wisconsin.
Please note: To join this email list, you must be a leader of a Catholic homeschool support group in Wisconsin or in a bordering town. The moderator will approve only those who meet this criteria.
If you have already joined our list, please add your name and contact info to our database. (Click on "database" on the left. Once you're on the database page, click on "CHOW Membership List." From there, you can click "add record" to insert your contact information. This is a wholly private site, so your contact information will be known only to those who are members (i.e., leaders of Wisconsin Catholic homeschool groups).
- To Subscribe, visit catholichomeschoolersofwi.
- Central Iowa Christian Home Educators (CentralIowaHomeEducators) - This is a christian based home schooling group in the Marshalltown area.
- To Subscribe, visit CentralIowaHomeEducators.
- CHEWS Email Loop (chewsloop) - For members of the Iowa Christian homeschool group called C.H.E.W.S.
- To Subscribe, visit chewsloop.
- Christian Homeschool Families in Iowa County, Iowa (CHIC_homeschoolers) - We are a group of Christian homeschool families in Iowa County, Iowa thus the acronym ChIC.
The purpose of this yahoo group is to keep in contact with each other in an efficient manner.
Mission Statement: Christian Homeschoolers of Iowa County (CHIC) provides support, education and fellowship for Christian families in Iowa County who have made the decision to educate their children at home. CHIC's overall mission is to encourage parents to train up their children in a manner pleasing to Jesus Christ and to equip them with a Biblical worldview.
It was decided by the group that anyone who wants to participate in email group conversation via this email group will need to sign the Statement of Faith and become a member with full rights and responsibilities. Participation in the group activities will not be dependent on signing the Statement of Faith.
f you would like to join this group via the website in order to participate in conversation and have access to the web calendar, a Statement of Faith will be sent to you which you must affirm.
- To Subscribe, visit CHIC_homeschoolers.
- Christian Home education Alliance of Dubuque (CHAD) - Christian Home education Alliance of Dubuque (CHAD) is a mixture of Protestant and Catholic families who homeschool in the Dubuque, Iowa area.
This list serves as a contact point for home educating families new to the DBQ area, new to homeschooling in general, a way to publicize our meetings and activities, and for plain old encouragment.
- To Subscribe, visit ChristianHome-edAllianceDbq (CHAD).
- Hardin County Home Educators - We are a Christian-based organization supporting and encouraging home school families in the area by providing educational opportunities and information, fellowship, and positive socialization. We meet twice per month for Education classes. Our classes are divided into three groups: K-3, 4-8, 9-12.
Requirements: Must apply and be approved. Cost: $25 membership fee, $60 activity fee.
- For more information, visit Hardin County Home Educators or email Jenny at email@example.com.
- Heritage Home Educators (HeritageHomeEducators) - Heritage Home Educators' email loop is devoted to communication between active members of Heritage Home Educators of Knoxville, Iowa. For privacy's sake, this is not an open email loop. To find out how you can be actively involved, or if you are new to the area and are looking for a home school support group, you may contact the moderator of this site.
- To Subscribe, visit HeritageHomeEducators.
- Home Grown Educators (homegrowneducators) - Home Grown Educators is an Iowa based Christian group. We are dedicated to glorifing God in every aspect of our lives. Home Grown Educators is a group that everyone can share their joys and struggles of home schooling. Together we can build up and encourage one another. Hopfully co-ops, friendships, and more will be forged!
- To Subscribe, visit homegrowneducators.
- homeschool-Iowa - This page is for discussion of topics related to homeschooling in Iowa. Posting of events,organizations and homeschool websites is welcome. If you are looking for other homeschoolers to use as a support network, you have come to the right place. We do tend to get chatty sometimes. Please play nice and respect others, no flaming!!
- To Subscribe, visit homeschool-Iowa.
- Homes With Heart And CM (HomeswithheartandCM) - Central Iowa Homeschooling mothers encouraging one another and supporting each other through monthly meetings, and who use Charlotte Mason methods in their homeschooling. Unfortunately, THIS IS A RESTRICTED GROUP. It is intended as a means of communication between active group members. The requirement to join this email list is to attend two monthly meetings. If you live near the Des Moines area and would like to attend our meetings, please email me - Cathy - for more information. We'd love to meet you!
- To Subscribe, visit HomeswithheartandCM.
On to I - Z of Iowa
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.
|The Teenage Liberation Handbook|
How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
by Grace Llewellyn
|For everyone who has ever gone to school or is interested in the current national debate over educational reforms, but it is especially relevant for teenagers and the parents or caregivers of teens.