There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly.
~ Buckminster Fuller
Hawaii Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters
- BigIslandHomeschoolers (Big Island Homeschoolers) - For homeschoolers on the Big Island of Hawaii to have a place to meet, share ideas, ask questions, offer support, make friends, plan field trips or get-togethers. Help us create a network of support for each other and for others who may be considering homeschool as an option for their family. Feel free to post notices about events, homeschool friendly businesses, great places to go on the Big Island, great web sites you have found and whatever else might be pertinent to other homeschooling families. Please be respectful and kind in your conversation. All of us have different methods and beliefs but all share the same interest in homeschooling and a desire to do the best for our children so please take what you can use, share what works for you and let the other stuff go. Enjoy this group!
- To Subscribe, visit BigIslandHomeschoolers.
- ccphhomeschoolministry (CCPH Homeschool Ministry) - Aloha! We are a ministry which serves to support and provide information to home schooling families of Calvary Chapel Pearl Harbor.
- To Subscribe, visit ccphhomeschoolministry.
- Charlotte_Mason_Friends_in_Hawaii (Charlotte Mason Friends in Hawaii) - Welcome to Charlotte Mason Friends in Hawaii!
This group is to find other homeschoolers that are interested or are using the Charlotte Mason or Ambleside (http://www.amblesideonline.org) style learning in their homeschool for those families in Hawaii. Not everyone in the group will be strict CM/AO users, but we will be suportive of each other and help each other to use CM/AO methods in our homeschooling environment; it will be a place to share ideas and experiences, ask questions, or learn from others.
We welcome those new and veteran users of CM; but most of us will fall somewhere in the middle of it. Our hope is for this group to also become a place to find other CM homeschoolers in your area and possibly meet for Nature Walks and the like.
- To Subscribe, visit Charlotte_Mason_Friends_in_Hawaii.
- conscious-mamas (Conscious Mamas -Kona Homeschoolers) - We are a group of mamas homeschooling our children in Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. Ecclectic styles, unschooling, Waldorf, Enki. A group helping to create community for ourselves and our children, while we journey through home education together.
- To Subscribe, visit conscious-mamas.
- Homeschool_Friends_in_Hawaii (Homeschool Friends in Hawaii) - Welcome Homeschool Friends in Hawaii. We are an all-inclusive group open to all homeschooling familes and those interested in learning about homeschooling. Purpose to share homeschooling information, online support, websites and links. Please avoid religious or political issues; they never go well.
- To Subscribe, visit Homeschool_Friends_in_Hawaii.
- HomeschoolinginParadise (Homeschooling in Paradise) - Want to homeschool in Hawaii? Aloha...
Welcome to Homeschooling in Paradise (HIP). We are an 'ohana (family) of friends, across the island of O'ahu, Hawai'i, educating our children at home. We are open to, and welcome anyone who is interested in homeschooling in Hawai'i. We meet the first, second and third Tuesdays of the month for park days, and the fourth Tuesday for Beach Day. We also get together for classes, teen night, parent's night out, and various outings. We have no board, but we have a contact person who coordinates getting information out to the group. All activities are organized and offered by the families or individuals as they see fit.
For more information, please send an email to: HIP_questions@yahoo.com.
- To Subscribe, visit HomeschoolinginParadise.
- kauaihomeschoolingparentsupport (Kauai Homeschooling Parent Support Group) - This is a support group of parents interested in or already homeschooling their children. All approaches and methods are welcome. We share educational resources and information; arrange playgroups for the children; swap practical ideas and solutions; pool our resources for group classes and field trips; discuss legal, special needs and academic issues; compare contacts and experiences; occasionally have guest speakers and presentations; and just plain have fun meeting with others with similar interests. Our group is meant to support each others' homeschooling efforts, and does not prescribe or limit the methods used by our fellow members.
- To Subscribe, visit kauaihomeschoolingparentsupport.
- KonaHomeschool (Christian Home Educators of Kona) - This is the online e-group for Christian Home Educators in Kona and surrounding area on the Big Island of Hawaii. This is a Christian group though you do not have to be a Christian to belong but you have to be respectful of others beliefs. This list was established so we could stay connected with prayer requests, encouragement and sharing announcements and events connected with homeschooling and Christian lifestyle.
The purpose of CHEK is to provide information, inspiration and support to families who exercise their God given right and responsibility to educate their children.
- To Subscribe, visit KonaHomeschool.
- LighthouseHICHE (The Lighthouse HICHE) - The Lighthouse HICHE is an organization of families who actively homeschool our children and believe that if we work together to pool our talents and resources we can provide quality group learning activities and parental support in which the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
PURPOSE: To join the talents and creative energies of homeschooling families to provide educational enrichment, socialization, and parental support by facilitating communication and member commitment.
Welcome. Please remember to use this site in accord with the guidelines & policies set forth in your Member Handbook, and thank you for your contribution.
- To Subscribe, visit LighthouseHICHE.
- Living Water Homeschool (Honolulu) - A homeschool cooperative that provides a Christ-centered environment to support parent-directed education for the Monterey Peninsula, California and Honolulu, Hawaii.
- For more information, visit Living Water Homeschool (Honolulu).
- maui_homeschool_info (Maui Homeschoolers) - Maui Homeschoolers is a group for homeschooling families on Maui and those homeschoolers that are visiting Maui---for Field Trips, Park/beach days, classes, cultural exchange etc.
- To Subscribe, visit maui_homeschool_info.
- mauihomeschooling (Maui Homeschool Events) - The Maui Homeschool Calendar of Events is provided as a resource to homeschooling families. These events are open to homeschooled families (children accompanied by their parent/s). At this time, we are not equipped to respond to your inquiries. However, this calendar is provided as a means of outreach and source of information.
- To Subscribe, visit mauihomeschooling.
- MHEN-Oahu (Military Home Educators Network-Oahu) - The Military Home Educators Network is a forthrightly Christian support group of military home schoolers from all across the Island of Oahu, Hawaii.
- To Subscribe, visit MHEN-Oahu.
- northhawaiihomeschoolers (North Hawaii Big Island Homeschoolers) - This is is an inclusive support group for homeschoolers in the North Hawaii area (i.e. Waikoloa, Waimea, Hawi) of the Big Island. Help create a network for making friends, sharing ideas & resources, and planning get-togethers. We encourage sharing responsibility for facilitating larger group activities and events such as book clubs, field trips, science fairs, art/photo contests & sports events.
Please be respectful and kind in your conversation. We have different beliefs and methods/approaches to homeschooling but share the same love of educating our children at home.
Feel free to post local events, great websites, Big Island sightseeing/educational spots, homeschool-friendly businesses and other homeschool-related information that others could find helpful. Enjoy!
- To Subscribe, visit northhawaiihomeschoolers.
- pearlharborhomeschoolers (Pearl Harbor Homeschoolers) - This group meets in the Pearl Peninsula Housing Area. We are open to all military and DOD families leaving on the island of Oahu. We plan educational events, field trips, social events, curriculum discussions and other events to support our families in their homeschooling journeys.
- To Subscribe, visit pearlharborhomeschoolers.
- TJEd_Friends_in_Hawaii (Thomas Jefferson Education in Hawaii) - Welcome to A Thomas Jefferson Education in Hawaii.
This group is for those of us who are making the transition (or learning about making it) from the "one size fits all" style of education and into the world of mentoring our own children and students. The purpose of this group is to find other educators that are interested in or are using TJEd-style learning in Hawaii. Whether you are new to TJEd, a seasoned veteran or simply exploring your options, you are welcome! This will be a place to post announcements, make connections and build community. Please note that there is a non-regional general discussion group with hundreds of TJEd practitioners where you can post questions and learn from the experience of others from a variety of backgrounds. You are encouraged to sign up for this list to benefit from and/or participate in discussion: TJEd MUSE.
- To Subscribe, visit TJEd_Friends_in_Hawaii.
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.