We find comfort among those who agree with us
- growth among those who don't.
~ Frank A. Clark
Arkansas Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters
A - G
- AEIOU-Friendly (AEIOU Friendly) - This is a homeschooling group that targets people in the Ozark region of the US. It is specificly designed to be an open and accepting group for all parents who are activly involved in their children's process of learning. This is something that is defined by each person and for they and their families to decide, not the group. I hope for this group to be an online support of members, serve as a forum for finding like minded homeschoolers in your area and also offer field trip opportunities around the region.
Group names always tend to be hokey, but a necessity. I have chosen AEIOU Friendly as a multi-level pun, as my husband would say. AEIOU indicates some connection to education, puts it at the front of the listsing and is catchy. The friendly part is there as a beacon for ones looking for support, as opposed to people expecting them to do things 'their way'. It stands for Area Educators In (the) Ozarks, Unschooler Friendly.
- To Subscribe, visit AEIOU-Friendly.
- ARHOME (ARkansas HOMe Educators) - ARkansas HOMe Educators (ARHOME) is for Arkansas homeschoolers to share information about homeschooling and about legislation in Arkansas that affects homeschooling.
- To Subscribe, visit ARHOME.
- ArkansasUnschoolers - This group is for people who live in Arkansas or nearby who use the "unschooling" philosophy to homeschooling their children. This group will be used to provide support to each other, make connections with each other and attempt to help provide answers to those who have question about unschooling. If you dissagree with the unschooling philosophy, please do not join this group. The group will not be a forum for anti-unschoolers to discuss their thoughts and feelings about unschooling. If you are not sure you agree with unschooling and you are seeking information and respectful dialogue about it, you are welcome. A short statement regarding your connection to unschooling is requested after you are approved to join so that we can get to know eachother.
- To Subscribe, visit ArkansasUnschoolers.
- arok_paganhomeschool (Arkansas Oklahoma Pagan Homeschool) - Welcome to the Arkansas Oklahoma Pagan Homeschool group! We are here to share homeschooling information for our children. Share lesson plans, information, or ask questions. We are here to help each other out.
- To Subscribe, visit arok_paganhomeschool.
- Benton County Homeschool in Action (BenCoHomeschoolinAction)(BCHIA) - This group formed for homeschool families to attend activities in Benton County, Arkansas. This is the place to find fun, friends and field trips. Homeschoolers from Benton County (and surrounding areas) are welcome.
BCHIA is a wonderfully inclusive group of active homeschoolers in and around Benton County, managed and operated by member volunteers. We meet regularly with the emphasis on providing social, fun experiences in a positive environment.
BCHIA is a secular, loosely structured, inclusive homeschool support group for active homeschoolers. We warmly welcome families of diverse backgrounds and beliefs. We are mindful and respectful that homeschoolers come from all backgrounds, religions, and cultures. Our homeschooling focus is social and educational in nature. We embrace our diversity and are bound together by the common goal of giving our children the best homeschooling experience possible. While many of our members attend church services regularly, religion is not our focus.
We will provide friendship for your children and you too! We like to laugh a lot and have a good time.
This group is restricted, you must contact the list owner and attend a public activity prior to being added to our email list. This is for the protection of our children and families' privacy.
The automated reply will send a request for more information to you. Please check your junk bin This information is required for membership. Name, Email, Kid's Names (Birth Mo/Yr) and Contact Information.
Memberships are approved after you attend a Benton County Homeschool in Action event. Active membership is required. Guidelines will be sent to you once you're approved and monthly to refresh our memory.
Please check your junk or spam bin for email and put us on in your address book to receive group emails.
If we don't hear back from you soon, we can't approve you then Yahoo will delete the request for membership and you'll have to request to join again.
- To Subscribe, visit BenCoHomeschoolinAction.
- Charlotte Mason Friends in Arkansas - This group is to find other homeschoolers that are interested or are using the Charlotte Mason or Ambleside style learning in their homeschool for those families in the state of Arkansas. Not everyone in the group will be strict CM/AO users, but we will be suportive of each other and help each other to use CM/AO methods in our homeschooling environment; it will be a place to share ideas and experiences, ask questions, or learn from others.
We welcome those new and veteran users of CM; but most of us will fall somewhere in the middle of it. Our hope is for this group to also become a place to find other CM homeschoolers in your area and possibly meet for Nature Walks and the like.
- To Subscribe, visit Charlotte_Mason_Friends_in_Arkansas.
- CHEW - CHEW stands for Christian Home Educators in White County, Arkansas. We are open to anyone joining this group. This is the place for posting upcoming meetings, field trips, classes offered, books for sale or wanted, prayer requests and any announcements for the group. We have another site, chewchat, for discussions. Please join that group to participate.
This is not the place to send forwards, spam, or money making opportunities. Please be kind to one another; i.e., no name calling or unkind remarks. Please remember to be respectful of those whose beliefs and ways of doing things are different from your own. Remember to make everyone feel involved and included on emails as well as during activities.
- To Subscribe, visit CHEW.
- chewchat (Chew Chat) - Christian Home Educators of White County's(Arkansas) chat and discussion group. Come join us for all kinds of discussion and chit chat.
- To Subscribe, visit chewchat.
- Eclectic Teaching Consortium of NWA (ETCNWA) - Supporting Home Education in Norwest Arkansas
ETCNWA functions as a support system for Christian home educators who strive to implement non-traditional teaching methods. Our commitment to the Christian faith and a life style in keeping with Biblical principles is the foundation of ETC. We each aspire to prayerfully disciple our own children as the Lord directs us and in a manner that takes into account the dynamics of our individual families, our unique gifts and talents, our personal convictions, our children's strengths and weaknesses, and our goals for which we aim to train our children. These eclectic, non-traditional teaching methods distinguish us from the homeschooling community at large. We welcome new homeschoolers and experienced homeschoolers exploring non-traditional teaching methods.
- To Subscribe, visit ETCNWA.
- faithhomeschool - FAITH HOMESCHOOL - Information and Encouragement for Fort Smith Area Homeschoolers. If you are an AR/OK homeschooler please join us and...share ideas about learning and teaching styles, curriculum, legislation, and things which help us to grow spiritually and mentally into better homeschoolers and parents. All homeschoolers are welcome. Please note that profanity or rudeness will not be tolerated. Our beliefs and opinions are what make us a unique community of people, please respect these differences. This is a Christian list.
For more information, visit Faith Homeschool.
- To subscribe, visit faithhomeschool.
- Fort Smith Area - Learning is for Everyone (FSA-LIFE) - Fort Smith Area - Learning is for Everyone (FSA-LIFE) is an inclusive, secular, & co-creative support group for local homeschoolers. We currently meet weekly for a play date (for parents & kids, alike!). As there is interest, we can offer field trips & educational programs, parties, clubs, game dates, bowling dates, Teacher's Night Out, & more!
- To subscribe, visit FSA-LIFE.
On to H - Z of Arkansas
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.