I saw the angel in the marble and I carved until I set him free.
Minnesota Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters
A - F
- Apples of Gold Home School News - Apples of Gold Home School News, the ezine written from a Christian World view with the goal of providing a forum of support, activities, resources, and words to encourage homeschoolers along the way. We thought we should share a few words to help you understand just what we are about, who we are, and how you can use the ezine to meet the needs of your family.
Apples of Gold began in September 1995 by a few homeschooling families who saw a need in the northland community for a way in which homeschoolers could connect with one another and keep informed and encouraged. For almost thirteen years we've printed and mailed a bi-monthly, hard-copy version of the newsletter. Over that time, most subscribers have lived in Douglas County, Wisconsin and St. Louis County, Minnesota, but there have been a growing number of families outside the immediate region that took an interest in the subject matter of the newsletter as well. Now Apples of Gold is transitioning from a hard-copy to primarily online version mini-magazine to reach a broader audience.
Apples of Gold is Your Forum! We encourage frequent contributions by readers. Anyone is encouraged to send in articles, testimonies, book reviews, teaching tips, announcements, or other words of encouragement that might be a benefit to homeschooling families. There is a special page called "Young Ambassadors" just for students, and we ask that kids send in anything that they’d like to contribute and see in print such as stories, poems, or cartoons. We do reserve the right to edit and select submissions. As long as room is available, we are open to publishing want/for sale ads, or ads for services (such as a family-run cottage industry). Kids are welcome to take advantage of this as well. Read our guidelines for submissions.
- For more information, visit Apples of Gold Home School News.
- Catholic Homeschoolers of Wisconsin (catholichomeschoolersofwi) - This is a private list for leaders of Catholic homeschool support groups within the state of Wisconsin (or in border towns in Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, and UP Michigan). It is a place to exchange information that may be of interest to Catholic homeschoolers throughout the state. It is also a forum for the dissemination of statewide invitations to various Catholic homeschooling events, such as conferences, graduations, dances, etc.
For a list of Catholic homeschool support groups in Wisconsin, go to the Catholic Homeschoolers of Wisconsin website.
Please note: To join this email list, you must be a leader of a Catholic homeschool support group in Wisconsin or in a bordering town. The moderator will approve only those who meet this criteria.
- To Subscribe, visit Catholic Homeschoolers of Wisconsin.
- Christian Homeschools of Stillwater - The CHS E-Group is an excellent source of information. Reminders of events and meetings are sent via e-mail to group members. There is an opportunity to ask questions, give and receive encouragement, share tips and information, as well as to buy and sell curriculum.
- For more information, visit Christian Homeschools of Stillwater.
- Christian MN Homescooler (ChristianMNHSchooler) - This is a list that is for Christian Homeschoolers. You do not have to be from Minnesota to join. We meet and share about every aspect of homeschooling. We can chat about our homes, our children, our curriculum, our spouses, our field trips, our beliefs. Some of us are new at homeschooling, some of us are veterans. We are Christian, so if you are not, please find a place that fits you. We do not want to have to defend our beliefs. How do I gently say that as Christians we are to minister to all, so if you are considering becoming a Christian, and are homeschooling, welcome! If you have no intention of belonging to the Kingdom of God, you may feel more comfortable joining one of the many secular homeschool groups.
- To Subscribe, visit ChristianMNHSchooler.
- Christian MN Homeschoolers (CMNHS) - CMNHS is a group for Christian homeschoolers in Minnesota. Topics may vary widely, but can include any considerate discussion with an emphasis on building up one another in our homeschooling adventure in this wonderful state.
(If you sell products we might need or want, such as Usborne books, Pampered Chef, etc. feel free to place something in your signature line so members can contact you if they need your products. In this way we can support each other.)
If you would like to learn and share in the Christian Homeschool adventure please join us!
- To Subscribe, visit Christian MN Homeschoolers.
- East Central Minnesota Secular Home & Unschoolers (ecmshs) - We are a growing group of secular (meaning we have no religious affiliation)ecclectic homeschooling & unschooling families in East Central MN who, for the most part, are more into a holistic way of living...We are all Attachment-Parenting friendly & all that that entails. Our home base right now is in Mora at the library but will shortly be in Milaca once the new library is completed.
We are growing our group w/ other like minded families who also homeschool & unschool their children. We consist of families with children ages 13 & under right now... We do not promote, endorse or engage in any one way or particular curriculum or way of learning and for most of us, life is our "school".
So far, our families come from as far north as the Onamia/Isle area and as far west as the St. Cloud area, and as far east as Pine City...and south as far as Anoka...but are open to who is out there and what your needs are, etc. :O)
If this sounds like something you are looking for, please...come & join us! This is our online group and we meet often in person for various weekly library story times, play and socialization time, gatherings of sorts, nature walks, planning meet- ups, field trips and whatnot classes...whatever!
Please check out our group Calendar for events and meetups and feel free to email for more info! email@example.com We look forward to meeting you!!!
- To Subscribe, visit E. Central MN Secular Home & Unschoolers.
- East Metro Eclectic Homeschoolers (EMEH) - East Metro Eclectics meet on the second Thursday of every month for parent support and activities planning for our children.
Homeschooling parents are invited to participate if they:
- live in or around the North and East suburbs of St. Paul (Ramsey and Washington counties) MN
- are looking for a social group for themselves and their homeschooling children
- and would like to associate with families who have eclectic homeschooling approaches and diverse faiths
Contact Amy at 651-552-0753, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- To Subscribe, visit East Metro Eclectic Homeschoolers.
- Eclectic Community of Homeschooling Opportunities in Minnesota (ECHO-MN) - ECHO is an inclusive homeschool organization designed for families who wish to learn more about homeschooling as an alternative form of education. This email group is our primary method of communication. In an effort to preserve the integrity of our group, membership is moderated. After joining the group, new members will receive a short questionnaire. When this questionnaire has been returned, full access to the Yahoo group will be granted. A list of our group's etiquette and posting policies is sent to all members monthly. We are committed to serving families by answering questions often asked by new homeschoolers. In addition, we strive to support new homeschooling families by providing mentors and a model for starting and operating a successful support group. We may occasionally provide updates on legislation that affects education in general and homeschoolers in particular. ECHO is committed to fulfilling its mission without discrimination based on race, religion or educational philosophy.
Please visit our partner site: Homeschool Adventures. Homeschool Adventures is your source for planning and joining in homeschooling field trips, classes, and events in Minnesota.
For more information, visit ECHO - Eclectic Community of Homeschooling Opportunities in Minnesota.
- To Subscribe, visit ECHO - MN.
- Eclectic Community of Homeschooling Opportunities - SouthWest (ECHO-SW) - ECHO-SW supports families in the southwestern suburbs including Eden Prairie, Chanhassen, Minnetonka, Shakopee and Chaska. We are a sub-group of ECHO-MN. We feel it is important to have a place where homeschooling families can go for support or resources. We are an open group and we accept families with children of all ages. We do offer the opportunity to get together with fellow families through playdates, parties and field trips. Currently we are re-structuring our ever expanding group to ensure our members' needs are being met. Please feel free to email us of list with questions you may have.
ECHO-MN Early Childhood Homeschooling Opportunities in Minnesota (ECHO-MN) is an inclusive homeschool organization designed for families with young children who wish to learn more about homeschooling as an alternative form of education. This email group is our primary method of communication.
For more information, visit ECHO - Eclectic Community of Homeschooling Opportunities in Minnesota.
- To Subscribe, visit ECHO-SW.
- Fargo Moorhead Area Homeschoolers (fargo_moorhead_area_homeschoolers) - This group is designed to serve all the Fargo, North Dakota and Moorhead, Minnesota area homeschoolers. It is a Christian based group but people of all faiths are welcome to participate.
- To Subscribe, visit Fargo Moorhead Area Homeschoolers.
On to G - M of Minnesota
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.