I saw the angel in the marble and I carved until I set him free.
Maryland Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters
- AHEUpdates (Andrews Home Educators) - Hello Andrews Home Educators! We are homeschool support for military, retired and DoD families stationed at Andrews AFB, MD. Being a member of this yahoo group will give you access to the current roster, contact information for AHE board members, the updated calendar of events, the list of activity coordinators, our home business/skill list, the AHE Swap Shop, the group email chain for reminders and updates, and a host of other things.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AHEUpdates/.
- AnnapolisCommunity (Annapolis Community Home Educators) - Annapolis Community Home Educators is an e-mail community set up to encourage networking and support for homeschooling families in the Annapolis and surrounding areas. We represent a diverse range of religious, political and philosophical beliefs and request that you respect this by not posting anything with a political or religious agenda. Our intent is to provide the space for support through the sharing of ideas and learning resources, knowledge and encouragement, and announcements of upcoming events. This is a homeschool list and we ask that discussions and posts remain as topical to our focus as possible.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AnnapolisCommunity/.
- Appalachian Regional Cooperative (arc-homeschool) - Appalachian Regional Cooperative is an inclusive group of homeschoolers in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. We welcome anyone interested in group activities for all ages. The group is open to all homeschooling philosophies, including self-directed and unschooling. We encourage everyone to plan an activity that is open to group members.
- To Subscribe, visit Appalachian Regional Cooperative.
- baltimore_homeschoolers (Baltimore Homeschoolers) - We are a homeschooling support group located in Northeast Baltimore County Maryland.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/baltimore_homeschoolers/.
- Baltimore Homeschool Community Center - The Baltimore Homeschool Community Center is an inclusive and unaffiliated community center for all homeschoolers.
- For more information, visit Baltimore Homeschool Community Center.
- BaHaCeHS (Baltimore, Harford & Cecil HomeSchoolers) - BaHaCeHS = BAltimore, HArford, CEcil HomeSchoolers
This e-mail list exists to provide a means of communication to offer support, share resources, and present ideas among the homeschooling community in the North East/Central corridor in Maryland. This discussion group is open to all members of the homeschool community in Harford, Cecil and Baltimore counties of Maryland. We also welcome homeschoolers who reside outside of this local area to join and participate. We welcome you whether you are just considering the homeschooling option or are a veteran homeschooling family. We recognize that most families belong to a variety of homeschool support groups and are happy that you have decided to include BaHaCeHS.
This list originated as an extension of the Harford Area Homeschool Association (HAHSA), a support group that encourages local homeschooling families to meet each other and capitalize upon the synergy of the growing homeschooling opportunities in the Harford area. HAHSA also publishes a monthly newsletter of local activities of interest to homeschoolers which is posted via email to all members. Please visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HAHSA for more information and to subscribe to the monthly e-newsletter.
It should be noted that joining the BaHaCeHS list does NOT confer membership to the Harford Area HomeSchool Association (HAHSA) although many families are members of both groups.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BaHaCeHS/.
- BowieCrofton_HS (Bowie Crofton Homeschoolers) - Welcome to the Bowie Crofton Homeschoolers e-group. It is a support group for homeschoolers in the Bowie/Crofton area of Maryland, but is open to anyone. It is a place for us to share our ideas and thoughts on homeschooling and anything of interest.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BowieCrofton_HS/.
- BlessedSacramentEducators (Blessed Sacrament Educators) - We are a Roman Catholic homeschool group located in Southern Maryland. This group was formed to provide a support network for Catholic family educators that are trying to provide their children with an education that is solidly grounded in the Catholic faith.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BlessedSacramentEducators/.
- BWAAH (Baltimore-Washington African American Homeschoolers) - Welcome to Baltimore-Washington African American Homeschoolers. This group was created for African American homeschoolers in and around the Baltimore/Washington DC/Northern VA area to connect with one another. This is a central place where members of various support groups and/or individual homeschoolers in the area can learn from and help each other.
Please feel free to post events in the area, as well as curriculum ideas. This is an inclusive group, which means we welcome all homeschoolers regardless of method or religion.
We ask that members do not use this group to advertise or promote any business opportunities, no matter how well meaning they may seem (links in your signature are fine).
Please post an introduction when you join so that the other members may get to know you. Again, welcome to the group!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BWAAH/.
- BWHE - This list is designed for Baltimore-Washington-Northern Virginia homeschoolers as on-line community for open-minded homeschoolers in the region who are interested in participating in a community that represents a diverse range of religious, political and philosophical beliefs. Our community also represents a wide range of ethnic groups, education levels, and socio-economic classes. The one thing we have in common is an interest in trying to do what is best for our children and our family.
While we welcome all homeschoolers, we request that you respect the diversity of this group. This means that posts designed to promote a particular religious or political agenda are prohibited. Our intent is to provide a community where members can feel free to share homeschooling ideas and resources, ask questions and find encouragement and positive attitudes! Please save political or religious messages for private e-mail exchanges or for other lists specifically created for debating such topics.
All potential members must identify themselves before they can participate in this group. The information will not be made available to anyone other than the list moderator, and will not be used for any marketing purposes. We ask that you provide this information as a screening process so we can be assured that you are a person interested in homeschooling and not someone who wants to join the list just to advertise, stir up debates, promote a political agenda, or promote a religious agenda.
You are eligible to join BWHE if:
- You are homeschooling or considering homeschooling in Maryland or surrounding areas, and
- You agree to abide by the guidelines of BWHE, which require respect and tolerance for other members and prohibit using the list for advertising or to promote a particular religious or political agenda.
Please check http://www.iqcweb.com/bwhe/FAQ.htm before contacting the moderator with questions.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BWHE/.
- BWHomeEdTeens - A list for home educated teens and alumni in the Baltimore/Washington area. A place for sharing experiences, meeting friends, and setting up events for the teens in our area. Alumni, please feel free to join in and share your memories of BWHETeens and please share your experiences post graduation.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BWHomeEdTeens/.
- CeCoMDHomeschool (Cecil County MD Homeschoolers) - Cecil County MD Homeschoolers is an inclusive group for all Cecil County Homeschoolers... everyone is welcome regardless of method or spiritual practice. Our group serves the purpose to help unite homeschoolers in our county, as well as answer questions from those who are considering homeschooling.
Please no spamming, profanity, racism, or flaming. Be considerate of others and proofread before you post - it's hard to convey mood via email. Spammers will be banned from our group and their posts removed from the message listing.
New members will be moderated initially - please, once you join the group, send an introductory message to the list. Once your message is reviewed and approved, you will be unmoderated. While we regret having to have this policy, it is necessary in order to avoid spam on the list.
If you have a home-based business, you are welcome to advertise your business in your signature line.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CeCoMDHomeschool/.
- CHAMPco-op (CHAMP co-op) - This is a group for members of the Christian Homeschoolers Alliance of Maryland and Pennsylvania. We are a teaching co-op located near Glen Rock, PA.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CHAMPco-op/.
- CHERISH (Catholic Educators, Educating, Recreating, Interceding, Supporting and Hoping in Christ) - is a group organized to meet the needs of Roman Catholic families in Southern Maryland who are committed to home education.
- For more information, visit CHERISH.
- CHISM (Christian Homeschoolers in S Maryland) - Welcome to Christian Homeschoolers in Southern Maryland!
This group is dedicated to Christians who are homeschooling in Maryland in Charles, Prince George's, St. Mary's, Calvert and Anne Arundel Counties.
The groups purpose is to support each other through issues that affect us as Christian homeschoolers regardless of homeschooling method.
We will seek to support each other through email, various activities created by others and created by our members and hopefully by developing personal relationships offline that will help strenghthen our position as Christians.
We are non-denominational in scope. Non-Christians are permitted as long as they understand that the owner/moderator and list members are mainly Christians and will speak from that world view.
We hope to be and remain a sister group to SMHN by continuing to participate in functions including Mom's Night Out, Art classes and other mainstream activities.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CHISM/.
- CircleHS (Circle Of Friends Homeschool Community) - Circle of Friends is a successful homeschool co-op that offers activities, support, and fun to homeschoolers in Harford/Baltimore Counties along I-95 in Maryland and surrounding areas. Circle of Friends offers Theme Days, Culture Days, Fieldtrips, Crafts, Co-op Classes, Theatre Group, Moms Nites, Family Picnics, End of Year Awards Dinner and more. We cater to creative, enthusiastic, homeschoolers of all styles that may be looking for a more "laid back" but activity rich environment. Our group offers a place of accepted diversity, we all work together to provide a more "secular" style group. Tolerance and equal cooperation are the backbone of our group, and we ask that all members respect each others differences-even celebrate them:)Together,we celebrate parenting and homeschooling and we welcome new members as we continue to grow and learn together!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CircleHS/.
- cultureathome (Culture at Home) - Culture at Home is an African American homeschool support group in the Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia area with an emphasis on the older homeschooled student. Culture at Home is a support group for families concerned with the healthy well-being and academic guidance of the African-American child. The purpose of this group is to provide an educational outreach support program and to supplement the curriculum of homeschoolers with children ages 10-18 (grades 5-12).
Rising Words, Rising Images is an important "Culture at Home" monthly book discussion group for young people ages 9 to 14. It is a creative introduction to the great diversity that exists in our nation, which will help children view the world more openly. This discussion group is dedicated to teaching children to value diversity and to grow into productive, caring citizens of a global society. Rising Words, Rising Images also seeks to advance the dignity of young people around the world. Through reading questions, guest speakers, craft projects, music and other related activities, we are teaching the importance of diversity, tolerance and promoting mutual respect among all. We emphasize excellence in literacy by offering this monthly reading group for ages 8-12, a children's internet bookclub for ages 6-18, participation in the Annual African American Read-In, plus tour guided fieldtrips, free books, study abroad programs, discounted performances in the Arts, tutorial information and museum outreach. Parental resources and information will also be provided to supplement and direct your homeschool experiences. Our vision is that both the parent/teacher and the child/student are lifelong learners. We are not a chat group.
"Home schooling as well as the formation of progressive private schools that educate for critical consciousness are important alternatives for black males." Bell Hooks
Pier Penic, Director and Founder
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cultureathome/.
- curiosity_kids_homeschool - Curiosity Kids Homeschool Group is a small group of homeschooling families in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. We plan group fieldtrips, activities and service project to do together. We are based out of Marley Park Church of the Nazarene in Glen Burnie and we are open to anyone in the Glen Burnie and surrounding areas. We are a recognized CHEN small group. We have a great group of kids and parents and would love to have you join us!
NOTE: This group is only for active participants in our group. If you would like more information on our activities and when/where to meet us, please send me an intro email with all of your information and I will be happy to call you or email you back. This is not an open email list. This list is used for the purposes of sending out fieldtrip signups and reminders as well as feedback on different activities planned. We would love to have you join our group and become an active member if you live in the Balt/Wash area.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/curiosity_kids_homeschool/.
- DEClassicalHomeEducatorsNetwork (DEClassical Home Educators Network) - We are an all-inclusive Classical home educators support group for families Classically educating their children in the Wilmington-Elkton-Philadelphia area; and extending out to N Delaware, NE Maryland, SW New Jersey, and SE Pennsylvania area.
As a group we meet year-round to chat, discuss goals and educational resources, and to support each other. Our on-line discussions center around local events, arranging local get-togethers and field trips, and sometimes Classical Education. When we gather together we discuss Classical Education in-depth, however we rarely do such discussions on-line. As a local Classically-Educating group this affords us the opportunity to get to know each other in person too.
This group is for those following the classical homeschooling education model, such as described in The Well Trained Mind (Jessie Wise and Susan Bauer) or in Teaching the Trivium (Bluedorn's) or similar method.
This group is open to families who are actively home educating children in grades K - 12. We are open to discussing issues of classical education with those who are considering classically homeschooling their children in the future, however our membership is for those families home educating their children in grades K-12. This forum is a means for us to exchange homeschooling information and ideas, upcoming local events and opportunities, and resources in support of our common effort to provide a classical education for our children.
You will need to introduce yourself to the moderators before being approved for membership. After approval, you will be asked to introduce yourself to the group as well.
Members are required to attended a mom's meeting during the year, or respond to a request for assistance at least once during a 3 month period to maintain their membership in this Yahoo group. Lurkers are not permitted.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DEClassicalHomeEducatorsNetwork/.
- DELMARVAHomeschoolers - Home schoolers from the region known as DELMARVA, (Delaware, Maryland, Virginia), can network via email announcements of family and home school events in their area. Religious and political discussions are prohibited.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DELMARVAHomeschoolers/.
- DelmarvaUnschoolers (Delmarva Unschoolers) - Unschoolers on Marylands Eastern Shore. This is a secular discussion list and a list for posting activities and get togethers. We are unschooler's, but not exclusively so. Unschooling is what brings us together because with it comes attachment parenting, open mindedness and a desire to be with our children, living and learning. We are interested in communicating and getting together with other unschoolers on Delmarva for socialization, support, and information.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DelmarvaUnschoolers/.
- DEPaganHomeschoolers (Delaware Pagan Homeschoolers) - This is a group for Pagan homeschoolers, and other homeschoolers of nature-based paths, in Delaware and the Delmarva area. People of any non-Christian beliefs are welcome to join as well!
You are welcome to join us to discuss homeschooling, unschooling, as well as parenting issues and rearing children in Pagan or nature-based belief systems.
New members are moderated for the first few messages to ensure no spamming or advertising, and to help keep our group "clean". This is a family-oriented group! Also, you are welcome to post your own products or arts and crafts for sale, parties (such as Tupperware, Mary Kay, etc.).
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DEPaganHomeschoolers/.
- DEpreschooltohomeschool - We are an all-inclusive home educators support group for families thinking about homeschooling their preschool or younger children in the Wilmington-Elkton-Philadelphia area; and extending out to N Delaware, NE Maryland, SW New Jersey, and SE Pennsylvania area.
As a group we meet year-round to chat, discuss goals and educational resources, and to support each other. Our on-line discussions center around local events, arranging local get-togethers and field trips, and homeschooling. As a local preschool-homeschooling group this affords us the opportunity to get to know each other in person too.
This group is open to families who are thinking about home educating their children. This forum is a means for us to exchange homeschooling information and ideas, upcoming local events and opportunities, and resources in support of our common effort to provide a homeschool education for our children.
For the safety of our members, we will ask that you attend one of our Public events prior to being admitted to the Yahoo group. After joining, you will be asked to introduce yourself to the group as well.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DEpreschooltohomeschool/.
- EasternShoreHomeSat - This group is designed for Bob Jones HomeSat users in the Maryland, Delaware, Virginia area. We aim to assist one another through prayer, idea exchange, and let's not forget helping each other with MISSED BLOCKFEEDS. ;-) On occassion, we will have a prayer/support gathering where we can continue to encourage one another and build each other up on this homeschooling adventure.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EasternShoreHomeSat/.
- Eastern Latter Day Saints Homeschool (e-lds-hs) - This is for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints who are homeschooling their children.
Do you live in the Eastern region of the United States? You are invited to join our online homeschool support group. We invite all parents who want to help their children succeed in school and in life, veteran home educators looking for a fresh start, new family educators searching for help and ideas, and parents just thinking about home education to join us.
Our goal is to support them in their endeavor as well as disseminate information. We welcome anyone not included in another group. Our states include: Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Delaware, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, Michigan. ME MA RI DE CN NH VT OH MI MD NY NJ PA
- To Subscribe, visit Eastern Latter Day Saints Homeschool (e-lds-hs).
- Eastern Panhandle Home School Conference EPHSC Facebook Page - Encouragement for homeschoolers in the "four-state area" (MD, PA, VA, WV)
The mission of the EPHSC is to support and encourage high quality Christian home education in the Eastern Panhandle (WV) and surrounding areas (MD, PA, VA) by providing educational and informational sessions and an opportunity to review and discuss resources and materials developed for the purpose of home education and strengthening families.
The EPHSC will bridge the gap that Christian home educators in this area have by providing the sessions and resources in a location convenient to this region.
- For more information, visit Eastern Panhandle Home School Conference EPHSC Facebook Page.
- e-HCHE (private list for members of Howard County Home Educators, Maryland) - This is a list for HOWARD COUNTY HOME EDUCATORS, a network of homeschoolers in Howard County, Maryland. Our purpose is to enable homeschooling families in our geographic region to find each other for the purpose of support, information, cooperative learning experiences, homeschooling advocacy, and friendship. We are an inclusive and diverse group; we strive to respect, support, and learn from the choices made by each homeschooling family.
HCHE members subscribe to a variety of educational and religious philosophies. Most of us live in Howard County, but we welcome families living elsewhere. We welcome prospective homeschooling families as well as current homeschoolers.
e-HCHE will be used for the distribution of the e-mail version of HCHE's newsletter. It will also be used for time-sensitive newsletter updates and for general networking.The moderator at their own discretion will put individuals on moderated status if they feel it benefits the group.
You must be a member of HCHE to join this list. For membership information, please contact Susan K or Jennifer B at email@example.com . You may also contact the moderator (Joy) of this list at e-HCHEfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/e-HCHE/.
- EnchantingInk_HomeschoolCo-Op (Sci-Fi/Fiction/Fantasy& Myth Lover's HS) - A diverse Homeschooling Cooperative for those families that love all things Fiction: Science Fiction (Especially Star Wars!!!), Fantasy, Magic & Myths,Time Travel, Animal heroes, plus those Fiction serials that we all love... like the Series of Unfortunate Events, Harry Potter, and so on all the way to The Dragon Slayers' Academy, & the Magic Tree House books.
These are the stories that capture our minds & hearts and deserve a place in our Homeschooing Curriculums. This site is for parents to swap ideas on how to use these topics in homeschooling making "school"fun for all of us. We will be creating a collective pool of information to pull from and creating a unique group of friends.
Local members(near Andrew's Air Force Base,MD)-So Southern MD, DC & Upper Eastern VA is close) can get together for fieldtrips & playdates, while the non-local (virtual) members can link up with us for online (via live chat) book discussion groups -for both kids & adults. Books will be selected ahead of time (by poll) & members can post activities & downloads prior to discussion date for everyone to enjoy. The youngest ones can have their books read to them or via audio books to be prepared for their discussion group.
Polls will be posted frequently (please send poll ideas to the Owner), email Craft Project ideas, post Dioramas pics or ideas, share Recipe & Party ideas that go with our Favorite Fictional themes, favorite book lists and authors (for the kids & the adults), plus favorite movies. We would also like to include stuff about gaming (board, card, and video), Anime, Animation, comic books, & of course cartoons.
We see a big gap in the homeschooling community in utilizing Science Fiction and Fantasy as a legitimate theme for homeschooling curriculums. We mean to fill that gap and ask you to join us. May the Force be with you! Or is it... Come to the Dark Side and buck conventional homeschooling with us? Which ever appeals, so grab your sense of humor and join us.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnchantingInk_HomeschoolCo-Op/.
- FAMILIESnews (Fathers-And-Mothers-In-Leadership-Instructing-Encouraging-Students) - This is a large group of homeschool families who want to encourage each other and share information, events, curriculum, fieldtrip,ideas and to be in service to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Anyone is welcome to join, (although most of us are from the Delaware,Maryland, and Virginia area) (Delmarva)
Come and participate as we pray for one another and help each other to be a Godly homeschooling family. Please contact: Shirvani@juno.com for more info.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FAMILIESnews/.
- FrederickMDHomeschoolSoccer (Frederick MD Homeschool Soccer) - Frederick Homeschool soccer is a soccer program for homeschooling children ages 3 to 18 (and also can include their nonhomeschooling siblings) who live in the Frederick, Maryland and surrounding areas. This is a family participation program, where parents volunteer for everything from coaching, to goal set up to cleaning up the field. The purpose of the program is to learn soccer skills, build self esteem in each child and build friendships among homeschooling families.
This program runs both in the spring and in the fall on Monday evenings from 6:00 p.m to 8:00 p.m. The program runs appromimately 6 to 8 weeks. The cost is $10 per family plus $7 per child. Each child must provide their own soccer ball, water bottle and shin guards, cleats are optional.
If you are interested in participating click the "join" button and send an email with your name, address and the names and ages of your children. The moderators must approve all requests to keep this list private. We ask for the name and address to assure that we keep this list safe for all.
Once your membership is approved, you can access the file section of this yahoo group and by clicking on Spring 2007 folder you can see this season's files with all the information you will need. Please read through the past files of information prior to contacting the moderators with additional questions.
When it is time for registrations to begin for the upcoming season, you will need to read through all the files within the current season's folder on the website. This will give detailed information on the current seasons location, price, dates, t-shirts, weather closings, late fee policies, etc etc. It is your responsibility to read through the files in spring 2007 folder to be sure you have all the correct and updated information.
- To Subscribe, visit http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/FrederickMDHomeschoolSoccer/.
- FrederickSDAHomeschoolers (Frederick SDA Homeschoolers) - This is the homeschooling group of the Frederick, Maryland Seventh-day Adventist Church. The purpose is to provide Christian support and to plan events for church members who are homeschooling or who are interested in homeschooling.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FrederickSDAHomeschoolers/.
- Hagerstown-Area_Homeschoolers (Hagerstown-Area Homeschoolers) - For homeschoolers/home educators in the Hagerstown/Washington County, Maryland areas. This group will be for discussion, get-togethers, support advice.
Please include your city/state when requesting to join. Thanks!!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hagerstown-Area_Homeschoolers/.
- HAHSA (Harford Area HomeSchool Association) - Harford Area HomeSchool Association is a free and inclusive homeschool support group for those in Harford County and the surrounding areas including Cecil & Baltimore Counties.
This is an announcement-only list used for distribution of our monthly e-newsletter.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HAHSA/.
- HHCPL (Homeschoolers and the Howard County Library) - This email list will provide a way for the Howard County Public Library (Maryland) to communicate library information to area homeschoolers. To minimize email volume, it is tentatively planned that this will be an announcements list, not a discussion list, with the subject strictly limited to Howard County Library issues. It is also planned that communication will be one-way: i.e., from the Library to homeschoolers. Messages will be moderated to ensure this. Archives of messages posted on the list are PUBLIC. Membership on this list is particularly appropriate for homeschoolers who are newsletter editors or e-list moderators for their homeschool groups, but all area homeschoolers are welcome, as are Howard County Library staff. Homeschoolers are encouraged to disseminate information received from this list to their various homeschool groups.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HHCPL/.
- HICM (Homeschoolers in Crofton Maryland) - This group is for anyone homeschooling their child/children in the Crofton,Maryland area, but all are welcome to join. We can offer support to one another, share our thoughts on education, homeschool curriculum options, and also organize local activities and events. Please join us!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HICM/.
- HomeschoolActivitiesMetroDC (HomeschoolActivities-VA-DC-MD) - WELCOME! We are a clearinghouse for activities, events and field trips for homeschool families and visitors to the Washington, D.C., metro area including Maryland and Virginia suburbs as well as points far beyond. Members are welcome to post homeschool activities, but this is not a discussion board. Please be respectful of differences in homeschooling methods, political and religious beliefs.
We are: Megan Casey, group owner, and Grace Sanchez, friend and co-moderator. I arrange field trips for elementary, middle and high school aged homeschool students, and Grace organizes events and activities for pre-K through 1st grades.
In the summer of 2006, I decided that I wanted to attend more field trips with my own children, and quickly found that many of the most interesting trips were only open to groups. So, I started booking space, and planning field trips.
Shortly thereafter, I teamed up with Grace, and from there, our field trips have made homeschool lists as far as Delaware and West Virginia! We then decided that creating our own group might be helpful to include a larger geographic database as well as more homeschool activities. Regardless of where you live, feel free to join or post activities.
Click on the Calendar option to your left to get an overview of upcoming events.
Want to make sure that you are signed up for an event? Click on, "Database" to your left and view master participant lists for field trips. The total number next to each name includes adults and children. Max 10 databases: we add and delete databases as events occur.
We look forward to seeing many fellow homeschoolers at these activities and events!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomeschoolActivitiesMetroDC/.
- homeschooling-delmarva - Homeschooling-Delmarva, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia's Eastern Shore - sharing homeschool information, events, resources, and general support. Everyone is welcome to join in regardless of reasons for homeschooling or researching homeschooling.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homeschooling-delmarva/.
- homeschoolresources - Welcome to the Homeschool Resource Yahoo group. This group is set up to inform all homeschoolers about local and current events that are happening in your area or surrounding areas in the state of VA, Maryland and DC.
This information is to help you in choosing activities, events and other things for yourself and your children. The main purpose of this yahoo group is to network and let others know about certain events, upcoming shows, classes and other things pertaining to homeschooling.
Disclaimer: This is an open group for everyone regardless of religion, if something does not pertain to you please delete it.
You are welcome to join and we would appreciate any info. that you would like to share with everyone about events that you know about. So pass the word around to others and tell them about this group and lets make this a wonderful resource of information and activities for us all.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homeschoolresources/.
- horizonsco_op (Horizons Homeschool Co-op) - Horizons Homeschool Co-op is a an inclusive co-op of homeschool parents. We meet every Thursday in the Gaithersburg, Maryland area for the purpose of providing fun, creative activities and classes so our children can celebrate the adventures of learning and exploring their world together. We offer classes from nursery to high school. Classes meet in the morning and end at 12:30 pm. There is optional lunch and social time from 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm. Those interested in joining the co-op or finding out more information about Horizons should send e-mails to email@example.com.
At Horizons' each member takes an active part in planning activities. Every member is required to teach, co-teach or assist in classes. Field trips and get togethers are only for participating members. A variety of classes and activities are organized by the parents for children of all ages to share and explore. Horizons e-mail list is only for members of the Co-op.
Horizons Home School Co-op welcomes members from all faiths, races and educational styles. We believe that the most wonderful part of home-schooling is the opportunity to learn about others and ourselves in real-world situations.
This is a moderated website. To join you must request permission from the Horizon website moderators. Following the request you will receive a Welcome e-mail, with more information about our co-op, from our Membership Director. Happy Learning! Horizons Home School Co-op
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/horizonsco_op/.
- JHS_MDDC (Jewish Home Schoolers of MD, & DC area) - This list is meant to be a forum to allow Jewish home schoolers in Maryland, DC,and nearby areas to keep in touch and plan activiites. Although there are national email lists for Jewish home schoolers this is a local group and I hope will focus on the specific area we live in.
Please be aware that many on this list are supporters of Israel and political discussions of the situation in Israel will occur, as will suggestions for supportive actions that may be taken by families and individuals.
Before you are accepted for membership I will need to know your real name, address and phone number. This is for our own protection as we are meeting each other through our different activities. This information will be confidential and kept only on my home computer,not the yahoo database.
This list is open to Jews of all levels of observance interested in home schooling their children.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JHS_MDDC/.
- J-LIFT - J-LIFT stands for Jewish homeschoolers- Learning Is Fun Together! This is an activity based list, dedicated to notification of activities for Jewish homeschoolers in the Baltimore area.
Our goal is to provide opportunities for Jewish homeschoolers and their parents to get together on a semi-regular basis, through trips, outings, and activities. Our motto is, if you see something you are interested in, then join in! If you don't, then feel free to pass. If you're interested in participating in planning events, great! We welcome your motivation, enthusiasm, and positive energy!
To participate in our list, a member needs to be approved before joining. Please send your request to join to the list owner, with your name, childrens' ages, and reasons for homeschooling. Also let us know how you heard about us. The reason for this is to get to know you a bit and assess that your needs will be met by joining our group. We forward to creating a strong network of fun and friends!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/J-LIFT/.
- JrExplorersClubMD (Jr Explorers Club MD) - The Junior Explorers Club in Maryland is a free club for homeschoolers ages 4 - 18. We'll have group field trips to various places. Most field trips will be in or around the Washington County, MD area but not necessarily all. This club's purpose is to be fun and educational for all homeschoolers, no matter their age. This is a secular group.
Please Note: There may be fees depending on the field trip.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JrExplorersClubMD/.
- LoveAtHomeNOVA - Northern Virginia LDS Home Educators is a group of Latter-day Saint Home Educators located in the Northern Virginia suburban areas including but not limited to Loudoun/Fairfax/Prince Willilam/Fauquier Counties in Virginia and Frederick County in Maryland. We coordinate and share ideas and events. This includes such things social events, field trips, unit studies, etc. Come with ideas and plans or just to participate in the activities.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LoveAtHomeNOVA/.
- MACFA - Mount Airy Christian Family Academy (MACFA), a homeschool ministry of Mount Airy Bible Church.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MACFA/.
- MamaEarthCooperative - This is a group list created for the purpose of developing a Waldorf-inspired learning cooperative for homeschooling families located in or near Frederick, Maryland. It is hoped that this can serve as a convenient forum for interested parents to share their visions of what's needed, how they would like themselves and their children to benefit, what's possible and how they would like to contribute.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MamaEarthCooperative/.
- Marylandhomeschool - Welcome to Maryland Homeschool. This is a place to support each other in our homeschooling, share resources, find support, ask questions, or just talk about what you are doing in your homeschool. Feel free to share ideas about kids, family, spirituality, or any other subjects that you feel would be of help and benefit to others. We hope you will share your ideas, educational resources, activities, lesson plans, web sites, or any education resource with the group. No flaming. (Flaming is defined as posting in anger on list, insulting, calling names, arguing, fighting, degrading, making condescending judgmental remarks, or otherwise fanning the flames of such an exchange.) We are a diverse group from all over the state of Maryland with many different beliefs and this is a place where we can come together on the common issue of homeschooling to share and support each other.
For more information, visit http://www.mhrn.com/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marylandhomeschool/.
- marylandhomeschoolhikingclub (MARYLAND HOMESCHOOL HIKING CLUB) - THIS GROUP IS FOR HOMESCHOOLERS IN MARYLAND WHO ARE INTERSTED IN HIKING OR ALREADY HIKE. WE WILL SHARE INFO ON HIKING AND ORGANIZE SMALL HIKES AS WELL AS LONGER ONES. ANY AGES ARE WELCOME AS WE HAVE MANY SKILL LEVELS AND CAN WORK AROUND THAT. FOLKS IN MARYLAND, PENNSYLVANIA AND WEST VIRGINIA ARE WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE.
For more information, visit Maryland Homeschool Hiking Club Home.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/marylandhomeschoolhikingclub/.
- MarylandUFC (The Unschooling Family Connection is a support group in Montgomery County Maryland) - We are an support group for unschoolers for the Montgomery County/ Frederick County Area. Unschooling is not clearly defined by any one person, a pretty good definition can be found at www.unschooling.com in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page, or at www.sandradodd.com/unschooling. Unschooling Family Connection was founded in order to to provide support for unschooling parents; and activities, socialization, and fun for the children. We have field trips, park days, celebrations, and online support.
Our group is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, religion, ethnic background, political or sexual orientation. We have formed for the sole purpose of establishing contact with other families in our local area who have chosen this natural way of learning.
We are a cooperative support group, meaning that all members need to contribute to the group in order to make us grow and thrive. This list is not a discussion list open to the public, it is for communication between UFC members. (We do of course encourage active discussion among members!)If you would like to join, please respond to the subscription request letter you will find in your email. If you do not respond to the introductory letter, you will not be approved for membership.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MarylandUFC/.
- MDhomeschoolingSpecialNeeds (MD Homeschooling Special Needs) - Welcome To MD Homeschooling Special Needs support group. This groups is for those families in Maryland who are homeschooling children with special needs. This is a place to share ideas lend support and plan activities that would enrich our children's life's. Whether your child has Autism, Aspergers, learning, disables ADD, ADHD or other just plane high maintenance this groups is for you. We hope that by coming together in this group we can more easily share resources about special needs children. We can also come together to find and lend support in a common area as we homeschool. This is a private list not open to the public.
For more information, visit http://www.mhrn.com/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/MDhomeschoolingSpecialNeeds/.
- MD_DC_VA_Educators (TeachersFamilyHomeschooling Activities) - Teachers, Family and Homeschooling Activities is a clearinghouse for activities, events and field trips for homeschool families in the Washington, D.C., metro area including Maryland and Virginia suburbs. There are lists of links and places to visit with your own family. Please be respectful of differences in homeschooling methods, political and religious beliefs.
This site hopefully will help those especially in the military who are moving into Maryland (MD), Virginia (VA), Washington DC (DC) and are consider homeschooling for the first time or have been homeschooling for years. Please share your vast knowledge of information with others about activities and educational links.
This was setup for those who wanted different field trips ideas, visit more places, research new ideas and links for homeschooling or teaching.
That is the reason why this site is free and everyone is allowed to post anything that could be used for homeschooling or educational purposes. Thanks. James firstname.lastname@example.org
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MD_DC_VA_Educators/.
- MHEM (Muslim Home Educators of Maryland) - A support group for Muslim families who homeschool and reside in the Baltimore/Washington metropolitan area. Inclusion on this list is by approval of the moderators.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MHEM/.
- MHLNnet (MHLN) - This list serves the members of the Montgomery Home Learning Network and other members of the homeschooling community. List members are free to post anything pertaining to homeschooling including but not limited to classes, events, support groups, clubs, teams, play groups, camps, field trips, resources, curriculum, tutoring, and anything else that you think local homeschoolers would be interested in learning.
The Montgomery Home Learning Network (MHLN) is an inclusive group of homeschooling families in and around Montgomery County, MD. We have a homeschooling parents' support group that meets monthly during the academic year. All homeschoolers and prospective homeschoolers are welcome to attend.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MHLNnet/.
- mhrn_com (Maryland Homeschool Resource Network) - Maryland Homeschool Resource Network is the place for all homeschool families to discuss the various challenges we will face in the homeschooling environment. This forum is to educate and disseminate information that can be use in our homeschooling endeavors. I will also post up dates of resource that are posted to the MHRN web site. You may Join MHRN Maryland Homeschool Resource Network http://www.mhrn.com by going to the join page. It is a member join web site but totally free. MHRN has many homeschooling resources, educational resources, web resources, support groups, umbrella groups and educational support and much much more. We are adding to the web site all the time. Please feel free to contribute resources and homeschool information for all homeschoolers to benefit from.
For more information, visit http://www.mhrn.com/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mhrn_com/.
- MidShoreHomeschoolers - This group is for all homeschoolers in Talbot, Caroline, Dorchester, Queen Anne and Kent Counties of Maryland to be able to pass along information that may be useful to homeschoolers in this area.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MidShoreHomeschoolers/.
- NCHE (North County Home Educators ) - This list is for members of North County Home Educators - a homeschooling support group based in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. We will announce events and activities here as well as discuss business specific to our group. For regional info and general discussions about homeschooling, we encourage you to join the BWHE list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BWHE
For more information, visit http://www.iqcweb.com/NCHE/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NCHE/.
- nueta (Nu Eta Homeschool Honor Society) - The Nu Eta is the Columbia, Maryland Chapter of the Eta Sigma Alpha National Homeschool Honor Society. Members of the Nu Eta are chosen based on their academic merit and their leadership qualities. Memebers will perform community service projects and engage in entertainment events.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nueta/.
- nwBaltoHomeschoolers (For homeschoolers living in Reisterstown, Owings Mills & Glyndon, MD) - The electronic calendar of events and planning forum for homeschooling activities for families living in Reisterstown, Owings Mills and Glyndon, Maryland.
For more information, visit http://www.handinhandhomeschool.com/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nwBaltoHomeschoolers/.
- OdysseyCenter (The Odyssey Center for the Liberal Arts) - The Odyssey Center is a secular, classically-based educational cooperative for families who home school. Odyssey meets each week on Tuesdays in Poolesville, MD. Our mission is to nurture a love of learning, to offer classical instruction in core subjects, and to provide a stimulating social environment for Odyssey members.
Home school students attend small classes (no more than 15 students). We encourage students to choose subjects which complement and enhance their studies at home. The role of the teachers is to guide the students’ work and to provide additional background or resources, as needed, to enrich the discussion or project. A balanced blend of discussions, projects, and written exercises in and outside of class time help the students explore the subjects more deeply.
Students may socialize freely with their peers in between classes and during lunch breaks. Students also are encouraged to join in field trips and other extra-curricular activities. Parents also will find The Odyssey Center a place where they can socialize and network with other parents with similar educational goals and methods. Parents should plan to join their children in the Latin classes in order to be able to fully support their children’s studies at home. Parents are also welcome to attend other classes.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OdysseyCenter/.
- On Eagle's Wings Homeschool Group (OEW-HomeschoolGroup) - OEW Homeschool Group is a Christian homeschool support group based in Frederick County, MD. Our main focus is prayer and encouragement of homeschooling families. We meet the 2nd Monday of each month. This website is an outreach of OEW to serve homeschool families in Frederick County, MD and surrounding counties of Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania. Homeschool families of other areas are also welcome to join as well.
Though this is a Christian homeschool support group, all homeschoolers are welcome as long as they conduct themselves in a way that is not offensive to Christian beliefs and/or values. Members of this website are encouraged to post helpful, inspirational and encouraging information; activities and field trips that are open to other homeschoolers; list homeschool curriculum, equipment and supplies available for sale, etc. All members, activities, field trips and information posted on this website are subject to the approval of the moderators and leadership of OEW Homeschool Support Group of Frederick County, MD. Abuse of membership will result in removal of member from e-group.
If interested in joining, please include an introduction of your family, ages of children, how long you have been homeschooling, and what you are looking for in a homeschool support group.
- To Subscribe, visit On Eagle's Wings Homeschool Group.
- PALS-FC (PALS-FC is a community of homeschooling) - PALS-FC is an inclusive homeschooling support group in Frederick County, MD and surrounding counties. It is a secular group, is open to all homeschooling families and is an online Yahoo-Group for members to communicate and network with one another. PALS is intended to provide various activities and programs for children in the group as well as support for parents. Since PALS runs on a volunteer basis, we welcome and encourage everyone to participate. Plan a field trip, let others know about a fun class you have found, get involved!
PALS is a support and networking group for the greater Frederick area and not a general homeschooling discussion list. If you would like to join, please 1) subscribe by hitting the subscribe button on the left side of the screen; AND 2) send a separate email to the list-owner PALS-FCemail@example.com telling a little about yourself (include your first and last name) and your family. Subscription requests must be approved by the list owner. We look forward to hearing from you.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PALS-FC/.
- Potomac Home Learning Circle - Statement of Purpose: To provide a free-thinking, secular, all-inclusive support circle for homeschooling families in the Washington County Maryland and surrounding areas. Our goal is to support a holistic approach to lifelong learning, and to utilize the different interests, skills and abilities of member families to offer diverse learning and social opportunities.
Who We Are: We are a cooperative learning community, welcoming families of all beliefs and experiences. We are a group of families working together to make homeschooling our children a rewarding and communal experience. Our group is secular, meaning we are not faith-based, and are all-inclusive. We hope to attract open-minded individuals seeking a progressive environment in which to grow and learn with our children, as well as, create lasting friendships.
What We Offer: We understand that each family has its own educational philosophy and needs, and we welcome this diversity. We encourage all members to get involved and organize playgroups, workshops, field trips, or other activities in their respective areas, according to their interests, to broaden the opportunities for homeschooling activities in Washington County,and surrounding areas.
- For more information, visit Potomac Home Learning Circle.
- PGHLN (Prince George's Home Learning Network) - This is a list for the Prince George's Home Learning Network, a support and networking group in Prince George's County, Maryland for homeschooling families and those families considering homeschooling. PGHLN is a diverse and inclusive group and subscribes to no specific philosophical, religious, or educational beliefs.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PGHLN/.
- PHLiC-MD (Potomac Home Learning Circle) - We are a group of families working together to make homeschooling our children a rewarding and communal experience. Our group is secular, meaning we are not faith-based, and are all-inclusive. We hope to attract open-minded individuals seeking a progressive environment in which to grow and learn with our children, as well as, create lasting friendships.
Our intent is to utilize the different skills and abilities of member families to offer new learning and social opportunities for the greater homeschooling community of Washington County Maryland and surrounding areas.
For more information, visit http://www.phlic.org/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PHLiC-MD/.
- PrinceGeorgesWaldorfStudyGroup (Prince George's Waldorf Study Group) - We are an inclusive, non-dogmatic group of Maryland parents living in or near Northern Prince George's County interested in exploring the work of Rudolph Steiner and Waldorf education, Waldorf in the home with our preschool aged children. Some of us are interested in homeschooling and forming Waldorf co-operative groups. We are looking for others who may live in Riverdale, Hyattsville, Cheverly , Mt. Rainer, Takoma Park, Edmonston, Greenbelt, Beltsville, College Park, University Park, Bowie, Crofton, Laurel, Upper Marlboro, and surrounding areas to discuss and explore ideas.
We are not associated with any school and are free to take whatever parts of Waldorf education speak to us for use in our own lives. All levels of knowledge and interest are welcome.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PrinceGeorgesWaldorfStudyGroup/.
- queenofpeacehsers (Our Lady Queen of Peace Homeschoolers) - Catholic homeschool support group for families in Northern Delaware, Southeastern Pennsylvania and Northeastern Maryland. We are faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church. We meet for Mass, field trips, parent support and social activities.
To join, you must be recommended or attend one of our meetings. EMAIL THE LIST OWNER FOR DETAILS.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/queenofpeacehsers/.
- SankofaHomeschoolCommunity (Sankofa Homeschool Community) - Sankofa is a community of homeschooling families of color who want to grow, learn, and build together, and who are dedicated to creating a rich, supportive homeschool village through a combination of social outlets, field trips, and the sharing of resources.
Sankofa has members in DC, Maryland and VA, and as far north as Baltimore. We are religiously diverse and our members use a variety of homeschooling methods.
Why join Sankofa? Homeschoolers of color need a consistent reference group. Many times our children take classes, meet children, only to never see them again. Often when the season changes our homeschool activities or schedule may change. Through regular participation with the Sankofa Community, children and homeschooling families can look forward to seeing and building relationships with one another, on a consistent basis, no matter their home school path.
Sankofa uses our Yahoo Group listserv as our on-line base of operation, but in most cases, the true power of Sankofa is found in person, in small groups, meeting in people’s homes or sharing resources on a variety of subjects.
There are many different types of homeschooling groups; some whose focus is solely academic, some who are divided by ages groups, while others are little more than e-mail lists that lack the strong bonds of a sustained community, where parents and children really get to know one another and build real friendships. Sankofa believes that we combine the best of both worlds for children of all ages. We hope that through participation in Sankofa, our families will build connections that will last a lifetime.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SankofaHomeschoolCommunity/.
- SEBaltoHSCo-Op (Southeastern Baltimore Homeschool Co-Op) - We are an inclusive group of homeschooling families located in the Southeastern area of Baltimore County. The purpose of our group is to engage in enrichment activities which will lend themselves to a group environment and to have a central location where Southeastern Baltimore County home school parents and children can meet and build relationships.
This homeschool Co-Op is not affiliated with any particular religion, faith (although most of us are of a Christian background and faith), or home schooling philosophy and therefore encourages members from all faiths and philosophies of education to join. Likewise, we ask that all members remember that we may not share the same philosophies, faiths, and religious beliefs, and therefore respect one another regardless of these beliefs. In this light, we respectfully ask that all respect the diversity of this group and we must state that all posts that are designed to promote either a particular religious or political point of view are prohibited.
This homeschool list is a member’s only list and all messages are moderated. All potential members must identify themselves before they can participate in this group. The information will not be made available to anyone other than the list moderator, and will not be used for any marketing purposes.
For information about joining this list and the Southeastern Baltimore County Homeschool Co-op, please contact the moderator of this list serve.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SEBaltoHSCo-Op/.
- SMHN (Southern Maryland Homeschool Network) - We are a network of homeschool groups and individual homeschool families that encourage and support each other's needs and choices through networking, sharing resources, and group activities. Our mission is to provide inspiration and assistance to homeschooling families, and to work to create a better homeschooling environment in our state of Maryland.
Our Core Values:
- We value and respect the unique individuality of children and their different learning styles.
- We believe all parents have the right to decide how their child(ren) are best educated.
- Because we understand the need for community and support, we are committed to resolving conflicts that may arise within the group.
For more information, visit http://smhn.parentsr.us/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SMHN/.
- SMHomeschool - This group is for those living in Southern Maryland that homeschool or are thinking of homeschooling their child/children. Discuss current teching methods, curriculum used, unit studies, etc. Please no flamming!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SMHomeschool/.
- StMarysOpenHomeschool (Open Homeschoolers of St. Mary's County) - Welcome! We are a community of homeschoolers in St. Mary's County, who have gathered together on this list to support one another in HSing and HS-based events.
We are not a membership-based group, representing exclusive faith or style of HSing; but are a community of HSers who have diverse reason and purpose for homeschooling. As an overtly inclusive group, we welcome all regardless to their homeschooling method/philosophy or belief. Members are expected to respect one another's choices in matters of faith and methodology. Please restrict faith-related issues to specific HS-based concerns.
Membership is restricted to approval-status to avoid SPAM. Approval for membership is granted without exception to all those who desire to join for the purposes stated above.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StMarysOpenHomeschool/.
- TEACH-BCMD (TEACH -The East County Homeschoolers) - TEACH, "The East County Homeschoolers" is an inclusive group of homeschooling families from northeast Baltimore County and vicinity. This list is to organize get-togethers and share support, information, and resources as it relates to our homeschooling journey.
TEACH welcomes all types of area homeschooling families, including those who are considering homeschooling or "home preschooling". Please be considerate of one another's differences. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you at our educational and social activities.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TEACH-BCMD/.
- TorahAtHome (Torah@Home) - A support group for Jewish Home Educators in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TorahAtHome/.
- torchehococaton (East Howard County / Catonsville TORCH) - We are a support group associated with TORCH (Traditions of Roman Catholic Homes) for homeschooling families in Howard County and Catonsville and surrounding areas in Maryland.
We gather together for Mass and then brunch on first Fridays. We have a Language Arts Club (grades 4+) that meets twice each month, a Science Clubs (grades K-3) and, for boys, a Lego Club that meets monthly. Several field trips are scheduled throughout the year. This spring, our children put on a performance of "The Road to Emmaus". A newsletter is distributed via email at the beginning of each month.
TORCH has its foundation and as the guiding principle of all its functions and activities, fidelity to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, particularly to the Pope, who, as successor to St. Peter, is the universal teacher in matters of faith and morals, and to the diocesan bishop teaching in communion with him. (See http://www.catholic-homeschool.com/ for a complete statement of our mission and philosophy.)
JOINING: Your membership will require approval. So please include your name, address and phone number (for screening purposes) in the accompanying message and a brief statement of why you would like to join this group. If you don't have enough room to type all this information, also send an accompanying email to firstname.lastname@example.org when you join. You may also wish to include which grades (K-12) you are homeschooling and which parish you belong to, what sort of curriculum you're using and any other information you'd like to be included in a brief introductory statement in our next monthly newsletter.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/torchehococaton/.
- TORCHFRED (Email list for Frederick County, Maryland TORCH) - This is a private email list for members and friends of Frederick County, Maryland TORCH, Traditions Of Roman Catholic Homes. Primarily focused on homeschool issues, TORCH discussions also encompass child rearing issues, catechesis of the young, family values, and related issues. Although membership is not limited to Roman Catholics, the focus of the group is inextricably entwined with the Roman Catholic Church.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TORCHFRED/.
- Tri-StateElemScienceOlympiadTeam (Tri-State Elem. Science Olympiad Team) - We are members of Tri-State Homeschool Network, that come together as a team to compete in the "A" Division of the Science Olympiads in the State of Delaware.
- To subscribe, visit http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Tri-StateElemScienceOlympiadTeam/.
- Tri-State-SonLIGHT-HSfriends - PLEASE NOTE: This website/email group is NOT for the users of SONlight curriculum. We are not in any way connected with that. We are SonLIGHT a LOCAL homeschooling support group in Western Maryland. This site is for our local members (and former members) only!
If you are a past or current member of the SonLIGHT support group, then I would like to invite you to join us on the loop!
This is where we can provide and receive support, encouragement, curriculum ideas and discuss everything that homeschooling families experience.
Let's enjoy and comfort one another in our endeavors to create a secure and warm place for our blessings!
- To Subscribe, visit http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/Tri-State-SonLIGHT-HSfriends/.
- tsrchsn (Tri-State Regional Catholic Home School Network) - Tri State Regional Catholic Home School Network is a network of Catholic Home Schooling families in the Hagerstown/Martinsburg/Gettysburg area. The Network allows families to keep in touch, offer support and advice, and request prayers. While not a function of the network, occassional activities are planned by its members for those local to the area.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tsrchsn/.
- WAHHsers (Waldorf at Heart Homeschoolers) - We are a homeschool co-op whose focus is the Waldorf philosophy. We are located in Central Maryland, primarily Baltimore and Carroll Counties.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WAHHsers/.
- westernmdhomeschool (Western Maryland Homeschool Association) - A group for homeschooling parents and children in Western Md. (Allegany, Garrett, and Washington Counties) We also include Mineral and Hampshire counties in W.Va. and Somerset and Bedford counties in Pa. Or any area close to this areas. If you are even interseted in homeschooling, you are welcome here! Please introduce yourself and make new friends!
This group is open to any stlye of homeschooling families as well as any religion or no religion at all!
We try to schedule feild trips or interest about once a month. If you have a particicular interest , please say so so we can work around that. If you would like to schedule a feild trip, please feel free to do so and list it so each of us can make plans to attend. This will also be list on our website under upcoming events.
Please share any homeschool related ideas, concerns, events, or special things your family likes with us!
We have alot of links for many subjects and areas of homeschooling. I hope you find them useful and if you know of any not listed, please feel free to list them in the correct folder.
Pass us around to all your friends!! The more the merrier!!!!
No spamming or flaming of other families views!
Check out our website at: http://www.westernmdhomeschool.tk/
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/westernmdhomeschool/.
- WHIMaryland (Waldorf Homeschoolers in Maryland (WHIM)) - This is a group for homeschooling families in Maryland (and nearby surrounding areas) who are using a Waldorf-inspired approach. Any family interested in Waldorf homeschooling, whether you're using Live Ed, Oak Meadow, Christopherus, doing your own curriculum, or are a Waldorf-inspired unschooler, or anything in between, you are welcome here.
You can find other families in your area who are using a similar approach. You can plan activities and have a larger group to draw participants from. If you're looking to form a local co-op, post it here to find more members. If you have new homeschoolers looking for support, send them here.
If you'd like to join, please include a little bit about yourself, your family, and your homeschooling, as well as a general idea of where you live. Thanks!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WHIMaryland/.
- Zionshome (Zions HOME) - Zion's Homeschool Oversite Ministry in Education is a non-denominational homeschool oversite group for those in and around Carroll County,Maryland, USA.
This e-group is for members only of Zion's HOME.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zionshome/.
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.