We find comfort among those who agree with us
- growth among those who don't.
~ Frank A. Clark
Colorado Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters
- 285homeschoolers (US Hwy 285 Homeschool Network (Colorado)) - This group serves as an electronic bulletin board to facilitate exchange of ideas and information among homeschoolers living along the U.S. Hwy 285 corridor, specifically the Colorado front-range communities of Morrison, Evergreen, Conifer, Pine, Bailey and Fairplay.
Membership is restricted to local residents so please indicate your location by subdivision (or landmark) when requesting membership.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/285homeschoolers/.
- ACE (Aurora, Centennial, Eclectic) Homeschoolers - ACE (Aurora, Colorado, Eclectic) Homeschoolers is a Non-Directed Homeschool Support Group located in Colorado with most members living in the South and East parts of metro Denver including Aurora, DTC, Green Valley Ranch, Watkins, Bennett, Strasburg and surounding areas.
The primary focus of this group is as a social and educational outlet for parents and children. We plan weekly get-togethers and field trips.
Our goal is to provide a safe, friendly environment for our children to socialize and develop friendships. Since there is no group "leader" everyone is welcome, and encouraged, to plan activities and provide input into group direction.
Our families have children ranging in age from infant through (Teens! Teens! Teens! We have teens and we're looking for more!) high school. We are a group comprised of a variety of families with many learning styles. Our views on education are as varied as the ages of our children; from unschoolers to those using home-based Charter schools.
Our group has an open membership policy; however, we request that you attend a group activity before being added to the Yahoo groups list. For more information, please click on the “Join this Group” button. We’ll send you a list of our upcoming activities and a contact person for questions you may have. Thanks for your interest!
For more information, visit http://www.mommyandco.com/acehs.htm.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ACE-Homeschoolers/.
- AlpineHomeschoolAlliance_AHA (Alpine Homeschool Alliance) - Alpine Homeschool Alliance is an inclusive homeschooling group serving the San Luis Valley, Colorado. We embrace all lifestyles, belief systems, education styles and ages--all who homeschool or support homeschooling are welcome to join in. The world is our classroom! Come learn with us!
Free membership for all members of Alamosa, Rio Grande, Conejos, Costilla, Saguache, and Mineral counties.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AlpineHomeschoolAlliance_AHA/.
- BCHIA (Boulder Country Home Instructors) - We are the Boulder County Home Educators/Instructors Association. Individual home schooling families keep in touch to exchange information regarding studying and educating tips as well as planned group activities.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BCHIA/.
- BLUE_SKIES2 (Boulder Lifelong Unschooling Enthusiasts) - BLUE SKIES: Boulder's Lifelong Unschooling Enthusiasts Simply Keeping Independent Education Special!
We are a support group for those Unschooling, beginning to Unschool, or interested in the philosophy, in Boulder and Surrounding areas. Unschooling is a child-led, self-directed process of learning, and LIFE is our classroom.
This list is not for currriculum discussion, or cohersed learning. These things do not make up Unschooling, and are not a part of what we do.
This list also does NOT include talks of religion of any kind. We all are from different backgrounds, and beliefs, so please be mindful and respectful of this. Religious and political talk need to be taken off list amongst each other.
All ages welcome! Toddlers to teens, and kids at heart. Friendships are important... lets get together and create a wonderful community of families, not only for our kids, but for ourselves as well. If we are what you are looking for, please join us.
*****Please be patient when waiting for approval to join the group, I only get a chance to do them once or twice a week. We're busy living life! You will receive a list of questions to answer before being approved to join, if for some reason yahoo doesn't send the list of questions please send another request to join and put that in the comments section. Thanks!
Boulder, Niwot, Lafayette, Longmont, Lyons, Nederland, Jamestown, Ward, Erie, and anywhere else you are willing to travel from.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BLUE_SKIES2/.
- cchomeducators (Classical Christian Home Educators) - This is a group of lively Christians, living in the Northern Denver Metro area, that strive to give our children a rigorous academic education. We also want our children to give back to and be involved with their community. Right now the group is preschool up to about age 9. If you have any method to your madness, like: the Bluedorn's "Teaching the Trivium"; Susan Wise Bauer's "The Well Trained Mind"; Memoria Press' "Latin Centered Curriculum", Charlotte Mason or any other approach to classical home schooling, please come join us.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cchomeducators/.
- CharlotteMasonandClassicalEducation (Charlotte Mason and Classical Education) - This group is for families using the Charlotte Mason and/or Classical Trivium method (The Well Trained Mind) of education. The focus is on these methods, homeschooling support, encouragement, questions, ideas, and homeschool co-ops or social outings in Colorado.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CharlotteMasonandClassicalEducation/.
- CHSBE (Colorado Homeschool Barter & Exchange) - The Colorado Homeschool Barter & Exchange is a group for homeschoolers in Colorado interested in a bartering system for services and goods. This is also a place to list your professional skills and any businesses that you run. This list is meant to be a resource for Colorado homeschoolers so that we have a place to offer our services and trade, without upsetting people on the regular homeschooling list who find this talk "off topic" or inappropriate. Please review the first post for additional info! Rules: Please do not bring up politics or religion...everyone is equal on here and we do not want "angry" posts! And NO SPAM or SCAMS! You will be banned immediately! You must email me with your intro to be considered for membership!
~*~You MUST email me with your intro to be considered for membership!~*~
Please read post number 360 after you join!!!!!!!!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CHSBE/.
- classicaleducators (Colorado Classical Educators) - Colorado Classical Educators is a group of South Metro Denver families who are providing their children with a classical education. Most of us are home educators.
We welcome anyone interested in the classical approach to education (emphasizing literature, particularly the classics; reading, writing, narration and Latin or Greek). Afterschoolers are welcome to join us. All faiths are welcome.
We meet once a month for an evening coffee or meal, without our children. Field trips and other family activities are planned as inspiration dictates. We stay in touch and provide ongoing support via e-mail
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/classicaleducators/.
- Cohomeschoolheartbeat (Colorado Home School Heartbeat) - This is a Christian homeschool group for the state of Colorado. We abide by the basic tenets of Christianity. This group is open to any believer in Christ of any church that adheres to basic tenets of Christianity. Any posts not adhering to these beliefs will be deleted by the group moderator.
We want this site to be fun, informative, and supportive for homeschooling parents. You are welcome to post comments, prayer requests, ideas, Christian Worldview information, events, field trips,website info & links, Christian Business information and any other information that you believe would benefit the Christian homeschooler.
Open and honest discussion is welcome on any topic, as long as it is done in a respectful way. We don't always have to agree with each other in discussion, but know that the purpose of discussion is draw us nearer to God and to discover the truths set forth in His Holy Word, the Bible.
We pray this site will be a blessing to all that use it and a tool to promote Christian homeschooling.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Cohomeschoolheartbeat/.
- COhome-unschooler - This list is desinged for anyone in COLORADO who is intersted or currently homeschooling or unschooling their children. Please share how you got started, what the state's regulations are, and your success'.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/COhome-unschooler/.
- ColoradoChristianUnschoolers (Colorado Christian Unschoolers) - A Colorado support group for christians who use unschooling, delight-led, child led, spirit led, relaxed, delayed, and/or natural learning in their homeschool. Many of us are from Colorado Springs but all are welcome.
We are a wonderful eclectic mix of homeschoolers that support the various choices we have in teaching and learning. There are those who use notebooking, lap books, Charlotte Mason, libraries, journals...the list is endless. Everything and anything is a learning experience. School doesn't start at 9 and end at 3. From the time our kids are awake to when they are asleep, they are learning and thriving. If this sounds like you and your family we would love to have you join us. Welcome!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ColoradoChristianUnschoolers/.
- ColoradoHomeschoolBookSwap - If you are a Colorado homeschool family and would like to sell your used books and curriculum, videos, CD's, clothes or other items that would be of use to other homeschooling families, you may do so here. This group is restricted only to homeschooling families who are currently living in Colorado.
If you have a small family business or ministry (located in Colorado) and you have a product or service that would be of value to homeschool families, you may also post your information here.
This is a family friendly group and the Items you post for sale and businesses represented must be suitable for all ages. No adult themes, occult or foul language allowed.
All transactions are between the seller and the buyer. Colorado Homeschool Book Swap is not responsible for these transactions. This is just a place for you to list your items you have to offer
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ColoradoHomeschoolBookSwap/.
- ColoradoNICHE (NICHE - North Colorado Homeschool Group) - Northern Inclusive Colorado Home Educators (NICHE) is an eclectic and inclusive association of families who homeschool in the Boulder county and surrounding areas. Members are from Lafayette, Erie, Broomfield, Boulder, Longmont and more. Membership is free.
NICHE is a "non-directed" organization. There are no appointed leaders. This group depends on the active involvement of its members. Any member, including a newbie, is encouraged to set up park days, play dates, field trips, informational classes, crafts or holiday/seasonal events. Being an active participant in the group will give you and your children lots of fun and socialization. NICHE activities and meetings will likely remain local to Boulder county and surrounding communities. Field trips may take place all over the Denver area. We currently have regular weekly park days, a co-op, hiking club, chess club, a monthly book club and game day plus two monthly mom nights out in Lafayette and Longmont.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ColoradoNICHE/.
- ColorChristHomeschool (Colorado Christian Homeschool Group) - Our desire is to start a group for Christian Homeschoolers in Colorado. We don't want to be exclusive, we just want to have the freedom to focus our talk around the Lord Jesus Christ. Anyone is welcome to join, as long as you understand we are bold about our love for Jesus, we are passionate about our families and our home schools, (HS).
Come and visit with us. We are a mix of long time homeschoolers (HSers), new HSers, and those who are just thinking about HSing, or planning for the future. We are here to share ideas, help and knowledge.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ColorChristHomeschool/.
- cospgs-unschoolers (Colorado Springs Unschoolers) - This is an email group for those who live in Colorado Springs, or areas near to Colorado Springs, who Unschool their children. We can discuss anything related to homeschooling/unschooling, we can talk about meeting one another and getting together once in awhile, we can talk about how we unschool, and we can also encourage one another. This can be a place where we can share the joy of child led learning!
This list is not meant to compete or take away from the other homeschool groups in Colorado Springs. In fact we encourage those on this list to also join SHSSG@yahoogroups.com (Secular Homeschool Support Group) and/or Colorado Springs Homeschool Support Group, and/or Colorado Springs Homeschoolers Co-op, so you can be up to date on all the great homeschool happenings in Colorado Springs.
The links to join these groups are
This list is just meant to give those who unschool a place to talk and enjoy one another. Happy Unschooling!
For more information, visit http://jumpspin.com/neverlandacademy/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cospgs-unschoolers/.
- CS_HS (CS_Homeschool) - This is a small homeschool co-op located in Colorado Springs. This is for families that homeschool special needs children as well as there nerotypical siblings. We started this spacifically to help our special children to interact with other homeschoolers. It is a place where differances will be understood and accepted. I personally have three children; two with Asperger's and one with bipolar. New members will be put on moderation until they attend a meeting.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CS_HS/.
- CSHSC (Colorado Springs Home School Cooperative) - The Colorado Springs Home School Cooperative e-list is an informational list available to anyone who attends the CSHSC or for anyone interested in co-op discussion. The CSHSC is a cooperative full of families who hold a wide range of belief systems, and philosophical ideas but who all come together to learn from one another. We are respectful of each other's beliefs and do not choose to make issue of our differences. Our co-op meets once per week for a full day. Co-op parents work together to offer various classes to attending students, though not all parents who take part teach classes. Parents who do not teach are those who take on the administrative and janitorial roles that help co-op to run smoothly. The cooperative itself can provide any or all of the following items for individual families in attendance:
- a venue for homeschooling parents to support and assist one another with the monumental responsibility of educating their own.
- a social setting in which participating children are presented the opportunity to experience group learning with a fairly constant set of children, allowing them to learn about friendship, conflict resolution and mutual respect.
- the opportunity for students to learn and interact with teachers besides their own parents, allowing parents to share their specialized interests and experiences in subject matter to which students might not otherwise have access.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CSHSC/.
- csTORCHco-op (Colorado Springs TORCH Co-op) - Colorado Springs TORCH Co-op is a branch of TORCH of Colorado Springs. We are a growing group of faithful, Catholic, homeschooling families helping each other in the education of our children. We meet weekly at St. Patrick Roman Catholic Church. Our program enhances home education with classes that are more difficult to provide within a single family. Current classes include physics, hand bells, art, Latin, chess, science, and preschool programs. Along with these courses, we have a study room and play room / nursery for siblings not participating in classes. A parent from every family in attendance is required to participate and be present at all times during the program. Traditions of Roman Catholic Homes (TORCH) is an association of lay faithful established to promote homeschooling among Catholic families and to support those families who are engaged in providing their children's primary education at home. For more information specifically about TORCH of Colorado Springs please visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/learningforfun.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/csTORCHco-op/.
- DCSHC (Diocese of Colo Spgs Homeschool Comm.) - This group is for members of the Catholic Homeschool Community in the Diocese of Colorado Springs. It is an informational group that is designed to share notes, plans, ideas, and concerns regarding the Catholic homeschooling community; to support and promote Catholic homeschooling. This group is not sponsored by the Diocese.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DCSHC/.
- DenverFree-thinkingHomeschoolers (Denver Freethinking Homeschoolers) - Welcome to Denver Freethinking Homeschoolers! This group is designed to network liberal, not-necessarily-christian homeschoolers currently living in the Denver Metro area. Faith is often a touchy subject, and many of us non-traditional, other-faithed or non-religious homeschoolers feel marginalized in the current social climate. However welcoming we are to a multitude of faiths, you may not feel that this group is a fit for you if you are a conservative christian. There are dozens of inclusive homeschool groups for those who are (*please note: we are not actively anti-christian). Here, we welcome open-minded and *friendly* Unitarians ( UU ), Pagans, Atheists, Agnostics, GLBT, Liberals, Buddhists, Hippies, etc ~ ! Even public schoolers are welcome, if they are homeschool-friendly and would actively participate here (although many activities will be during school hours). As long as you demonstrate genuine respect for others' diverse faiths and lifestyle choices, you are welcome here.
We plan regular get togethers, field trips, co-op-style classes, stitch-n-bitch (monthly moms' night out), celebrations of birthdays, holidays and a weekly park day. Our members should be active and participatory in real life, not just online (participation required). We want to get to know each other and act as true support in each other's lives, like bringing meals over to sick friends & babysitting each others’ kids.
We're happy to welcome new members, however we request that you already know a member or attend a group activity before your membership will be approved. For more info, please click "Join this Group" & we'll send you a list of upcoming open activities & a contact person for questions you may have. We look forward to meeting you!
This is a happy, welcoming place filled with warm & friendly local folks. If that describes you, please join us!
Blessed Be, TC Cooke (a Unitarian/Pagan Homeschooling mother of two in Wheat Ridge)
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DenverFree-thinkingHomeschoolers/.
- DenverHomeSchool (Denver Home School) - Looking for compatible homeschoolers in the Denver Metro area for my 5-year old daughter and almost-4-year old son (we are in West Washington Park, near Speer Blvd. & Logan St.) I am hoping to use this group as a way to organise group activities, not just for homeschoolers but for anyone wanting to join us; and to communicate about relevant issues. We are very new to this, and look forward to the adventure! Please feel free to join us, either online or in person.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DenverHomeSchool/.
- DHC - Denver Homeschool Connection - DHC Discussion Forum
- Visit http://www.denverhomeschools.com/cgi-bin/forums/discus.cgi.
- DNHC (Denver Northwest Homeschool Community) - The DNHC (Denver Northwest Homeschool Community) is an inclusive, non-religiously oriented group of home-educating families.We welcome diversity and depend on the participation and contributions of all members. Most members live in the north and west area of metro Denver, Colorado, but activities may take place all over town. Our email list is open only to active DNHC members. For membership info, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DNHC VISION STATEMENT
DNHC is a community of home-educating families in north and west Denver and the surrounding neighborhoods. Our members practice a variety of learning/teaching styles. We are not religiously oriented. We do not discriminate against anyone, and we have no particular ideological focus. DNHC members seek creativity, diversity, authenticity and fun in the homeschooling lifestyle for ourselves and our children.
As a community group, our primary intent is that everyone contribute to lend their time and talents to the rest of the group by creating and attending events. We envision a high level of involvement so that there are many options for members.
Because DNHC is a member directed community group, each member family has the right to initiate, discuss and vote upon the group's business and administration. Volunteer positions are rotated in order that responsibility for running the group is shared among members.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DNHC/.
- EHCO (Eclectic Homeschoolers of Colorado Online) - Eclectic Homeschoolers of Colorado Online! This list is made up of homeschoolers from all walks of life. Amongst us you will find stringent homeschoolers, radical unschoolers, Christians, Pagans, Atheists, and everything else under the sun! We welcome diversity, and view it as an opportunity to learn. This is a discussion list, with no off limit topics!
We ask that this list not be used to advertise products or services. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CHSBE/ is a Colorado homeschool list that welcomes advertisers.
For more information, visit http://www.homeschoolcolorado.org/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EHCO/.
- fc-homeschoolers (Support group for homeschoolers in Fort Collins, CO) - The purpose of this e-mail list is to allow its members to share information and ideas regarding homeschooling and to give each other support and encouragement as we try to balance our numerous roles.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fc-homeschoolers/.
- fcpack347 (Pack 347 Information) - This is Pack 347 in Fort Collins / Loveland Colorado. We are a group of homeschool parents running a Cub Scout Pack. Yea!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fcpack347/.
- FHEColorado (FHE Colorado) - Families Homeschooling for Excellence in Colorado - A support group for LDS families in Colorado who educate their children at home.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FHEColorado/.
- FRIEND (Front Range Independent Educators North of Denver) - FRIEND (Front Range Independent Educators North of Denver) is an inclusive, non-directed, homeschool, support group located in Colorado with most members living in parts of metro Denver including, Arvada, Brighton, Broomfield, Commerce City, Denver, Henderson, Hudson, Northglenn, Thornton, and Westminster. We also have some members that drive from as far away as *Aurora, Bennett and Boulder. The primary focus of this group is as a social outlet for parents and children. Weekly events, get-togethers, field trips, and a monthly Moms’ Night Out are member planned.
Our group has an open membership policy; however, we request that you attend a group activity before being added to the Yahoo groups list. For more information, please click on the “Join this Group” button. We’ll send you a list of our upcoming activities and a contact person for questions you may have or you may email us at FRIEND_HSemail@example.com with any questions. One of our moderators will get back to you ASAP. Thanks for your interest!
*If you found us because you were looking for groups in Aurora, Colorado, please, visit our sister group ACE - Aurora, Colorado, Eclectic Homeschoolers at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ACE-Homeschoolers/
For more information, visit http://www.frontrangeeducators.com/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FRIEND_HS/.
- HEARTSColorado (H.E.A.R.T.S.) - H.E.A.R.T.S. is a non-directed Christian group of military homeschoolers that meet for support and social activites. We currently meet for bowling and park day on Peterson Air Force Base. We also have Field Trips, Holiday Celebrations and Mom's Night Out.
For more information, visit http://heartscolorado.bravehost.com/index.html.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HEARTSColorado/.
- HELP_CO (Home Education Leaders' Place_CO) - This group is for LEADERS OF HOME EDUCATION SUPPORT GROUPS in CO. If we can strengthen each other, we can strengthen home education in Colorado! If you are currently leading a home education support group, or are trying to form one, please come on in!****
This group has many functions:
- To keep us all up to date on legal issues
- To give us a forum to discuss problems/issues within our groups
- To help us share resources, whether it be field trip ideas, experiences, methods of group leadership, etc
- To help us make connections with each other, and know what other groups are doing
- To create a place where we can share the frustrations and joys of being a home education support group leader with someone's who has walked in our shoes!
Bearing in mind that home educators come from all walks of life, and homeschool for all different reasons, we need to treat each other in a respectful fashion. THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T TACKLE THE TOUGH SUBJECTS, just please keep the flaming out of it. Also, please do not solicit to this group or its members, under any circumstances. No off-topic postings, such as virus warnings, email jokes, etc will be tolerated.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HELP_CO/.
- Home School Academy (Colorado Springs) - The mission of the Home School Academy is to support and assist homeschooling families in their chosen role as the primary educator of their children.
- For more informaiton, visit Home School Academy.
- Homeschool-Colorado - Homeschooling list for anyone in Colorado. For sharing problems, advice, struggles, help, ideas, etc...Whether you've been doing it for years, brand new at it, or are just thinking about it & want to know more.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Homeschool-Colorado/.
- HomeschoolScoutsPack77 (Homeschool Cub Scouts) - Homeschool Cub Scouts Metro Denver, Colorado.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomeschoolScoutsPack77/.
- hsofco (Homeschoolers of Colorado) - A place where families who are currently or looking to homeschool can come to learn about methods, curriculums, field trips, and about each other.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hsofco/.
- learningforfun (TORCH of Colorado Springs) - This is the email list for TORCH of Colorado Springs. We meet twice monthly at Holy Apostles Catholic Church in Colorado Springs. Traditions of Roman Catholic Homes (TORCH) is an association of lay faithful established to promote homeschooling among Catholic families and to support those families who are engaged in providing their children's primary education at home. Number one in the TORCH statement of philosophy is, "Our single and most important purpose is that of aiding individuals and families into a closer and more intimate union with Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who is Lord and Savior to all and to thus spread the Kingdom of God on earth."
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/learningforfun/.
- ncfcacolo (NCFCA Colorado) - Colorado coaches and clubs in the National Christian Forensics and Communications Association (NCFCA), the National Homeschool Speech and Debate league.
For more information, visit http://www.ncfca.org/.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ncfcacolo/.
- NoCoHomeEd (Northern Colorado Home Educators) - This group is open to those Christian homeschoolers living in the northern part of Colorado, including the following counties: BOULDER, GRAND, JACKSON, LARIMER, LOGAN, MOFFAT, MORGAN, PHILLIPS, RIO BLANCO, ROUTT, SEDGWICK, WASHINGTON, WELD, and YUMA.
You are free to discuss anything relating to homeschooling, share recipes, seek help, and sell your curriculum or personal items.
Although this is a Christ-centered group, we do not turn away other homeschool families based on their religious beliefs. Please be respectful of members' religious or political beliefs.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NoCoHomeEd/.
- PAHC (Parker Area Homeschool Coalition - PAHC) - This is an inclusive, non-directed, homeschool group for family's in or near Parker, Colorado, or anyone who does not mind the drive. Park days and meetings will take place in the Parker area. Our focus will be to offer many exciting get togethers like weekly park days, field trips, craft days, science experiments and moms night out.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PAHC/.
- Peterson Homeschoolers - Welcome to the Peterson Homeschool Group. The group consists of active duty, reserve and retired military members (plus, their families). We provide support towards the education of your child, no matter what your schooling style may be. And you don't have to live of Peterson AFB to be a member!
In the past, our events include field trips, Mom's meetings, swimming lessons, gym time, and crafts. We are going to start planning more events so that moms and kids can socialize and build friendships.
You can also find us on Facebook: Peterson AFB Homeschoolers Facebook Page
- To Subscribe, visit Peterson Homeschoolers.
- PeytonHomeschoolers (Peyton Area Homeschoolers) - Would you like to get together occasionally and do some things for homeschooling on the East side of El Paso County? If you live East of Colorado Springs and would like to hear about workshops, classes and other special events for this area, please join. Think of all the possibilities: A Latin or Math class for your kid--yet you don't have to drive into the Springs!! After you request membership we will ask that you send a brief description of who you are to the moderator, so that we can keep spammers away! OK? We look forward to meeting you.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PeytonHomeschoolers/.
- rhomsouth (R HOM-South) - To assist home educators through monthly meetings, newsletters, fieldtrips, fellowship, prayer, and home school resources. We espouse various educational philosophies, and teach children at many levels, from preschool through high school.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rhomsouth/.
- RoaringForkValleyHomeschoolNetwork (Roaring Fork Valley Homeschool Network) - Welcome to the Roaring Fork Valley Homeschooling Yahoo List. We are a group of families, in the Roaring Fork Valley of Colorado, who like to keep in touch and support each other on our homeschooling journeys. Some of our families are from outside this area. The ages of our families range from teens to toddlers. We get together for fieldtrips, play dates, curriculum idea sharing, special classes, but most importantly to support each other on a daily basis with this list. If you're new and have questions feel free to ask. If you are experienced and have advice feel free to share. The value for each of our children of having been "homeschooled" is what we all make of it.....let's help to make it a fantastic experience for all our youth!!!
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RoaringForkValleyHomeschoolNetwork/.
- Rocky Mountain Education Connection (RMEC) - Your friendly, inclusive network for homeschooling and unschooling information in Colorado and surrounding states (Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming). Need learning ideas, legal or support networks? Inspiration? A little humor in your day? We have that, too!
- For more information, visit Rocky Mountain Education Connection (RMEC).
- SCOHomeschool - Area for homeschoolers in Southern Colorado to ask and answer homeschooling questions.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCOHomeschool/.
- SCOHomeschoolLeaders - The SCOHomeschoolLeaders list is a place for the leaders of Southern Colorado Homeschool Support Groups to share accurate, timely information about activities, events, or concerns. It is not for general discussion of homeschooling. Try SCOHomeschool for that kind of discussion.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCOHomeschoolLeaders/.
- SHSSG (Secular Homeschool Support Group) - Based in Colorado Springs, and providing on-line support throughout Colorado, this group caters to the diverse community we live in and all homeschooling families are welcome. Our members prefer that their religious and political beliefs not be a part of this groups identity or purpose. Please respect that this is a homeschooling list and keep your post centered on homeschooling issues.
For more information, visit http://www.shssg.com/.
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SHSSG/.
- SLColorado - This egroup is for families living in Colorado (primarily the Front Range)that are using or interested in using the Sonlight homeschool curriculum. We hope to offer support for each other's homeschooling journeys. Members may wish to arrange meetings with others, or plan field trips together. This list may also be used as a clearinghouse for events and resources of interest to the Sonlighters community in Colorado.
- To subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLColorado/.
- spiralacademy (Spiral Academy Homeschool Group - CO) - Spiral AcademyŠ is a Colorado based homeschool group for Pagan, and other like minded people homeschooling without Christianity. Our group is for those living in or moving to Colorado. Our children range from newborn to age 16.
Although most of our members are too far apart to make field trips possible, I have created a Colorado Springs based Spiral AcademyŠ Co-op to facilitate projects and activities to benefit the children. All members are welcome to attend our activities.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spiralacademy/.
- SW_Eclectic_Homeschoolers (Southwest Eclectic Homeschoolers) - Southwest Eclectic Homeschoolers SW Eclectic Homeschoolers invite families in the Durango, Silverton, Cortez, Mancos, and Bayfield areas of Colorado as well as the Aztec, Cedar Hill, and Farmington areas of New Mexico to post any social or educational events or information on this site. We are a loose community of homeschoolers and unschoolers who welcome all regardless of educational methods or religious beliefs.
The calendar is the main focus of this site. Our goal is to have a place where people in the four corners area can find other homeschoolers and unschoolers and invite others to their activities, thus creating a larger community for social interaction and education.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SW_Eclectic_Homeschoolers/.
- UR-FREE (Unschooling Radicals of the Front Range Elevating Education (UR-FREE)) - Education n. The knowledge or skill obtained or developed by a learning process. (The American Heritage dictionary)
The purposes of this group are to bring together and provide support for families interested in unschooling/freelearning in the Fort Collins and surrounding area. It is intended as an unschooling/freelearning haven to remind families that learning happens all the time and empower us to make choices that respect…
- the rights, needs and aspirations of our children
- and trust and assist our children on their journeys
- the right of families to make informed and desirable lifestyle choices that enhance togetherness, lifelong love of learning and respect for others.
We discuss anything and everything as there is nothing off-topic in freelearning, get-togethers, activities, etc. Talking about curriculum and school and forced school work will be no fun and counterproductive to the richness that exists in the world.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UR-FREE/.
- Western Region Unschoolers (WesternRegionUnschoolers) - The Western Region Unschoolers is a group for unschoolers who live in the Western U.S. covering: Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and California. This is a forum to announce and organize conferences, travel, camping, and other places to get together.
- To Subscribe, visit Western Region Unschoolers.
- wphomeschoolers (Washington Park Homeschoolers) - Washington Park Homeschoolers is a secular homeschool support group located in CO with most of our members living in central Denver. This group is for kids and their parents who already home school or who are just thinking about it.
Some of our activities include a science/art group, bookclub, park days and field trips.
This is also a place for people to talk about homeschooling and to ask questions and share information about homeschooling too. Our members use all different styles of home school including Calvert, unschooling, Well Trained Mind, Classical and Eclectic. So come on in and join us and see what we are all about.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wphomeschoolers/.
- WTMColoradoWTM - This is for people in Colorado using the WTM method to educate their children. This is a chance to share ideas and information on a regional basis.
- To Subscribe, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WTMColoradoWTM/.
Please notify if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
This is an ongoing project - please check back often for updates.